Rank 23
SILVER HAND
Rank 5655
U.S [EN]

Author Topic: Nefarian Heroic Discussion  (Read 9006 times)

Offline Saberaen

Nefarian Heroic Discussion
« on: 05/19/11, 01:04 AM »
I'll be posting platform assignments (for dps and tanks) tomorrow afternoon.

In the meantime, share your thoughts as to how we can do this fight better here.

Offline Occultation

Re: Nefarian Heroic Discussion
« Reply #1 on: 05/19/11, 01:13 AM »
The debuff is 8 seconds. You don't need to jump off the edge of the plat form (and keep swimming away until it falls off) until 3 seconds, with which you would then strafe back to the platform. Your DBM mods etc should be doing a /say Burning Cinders on me! or whatever and the usual dinging that implies something important is happening, so there's no reason for anyone not to notice this is on them. If multiple people get the debuff on a platform, be smart and spread to different directions and talk in vent if needed. Speaking of vent, it's important for interrupters to say what platform they're interrupting on if they get the debuff and can't interrupt for those ~5 seconds you're not on the platform. P2's the only hard part of this fight, so once we get around decreasing the amount of fuck ups we have with that debuff we should be gg. ^^

Offline Moorathe

« Reply #2 on: 05/19/11, 06:16 AM »
P2 is a difficult phase but we aren't entirely in the clear once we get to p3. We thought that to be the case with Al'Akir. We're still going to need EVERYONE to do as much damage as possible and hope to god no one averages under ~20k. The healing will also be rough too, crackles have to be cooldowned.

Offline Sweatyfingrs

« Reply #3 on: 05/19/11, 09:39 AM »
Yeah it's extremely important that people interrupting stop being vent shy when it comes to their platform.  Vent needs to be clear during this phase except for people calling out for backup interrupt needs.  And when they do, this call out needs to be short, concise and specific.  I'm not going to run out and say "Sweaty can't interrupt" or "Someone get this one" because people listening will have no fucking idea what that means.  I am going to run out and just simply say "SOUTH PLATFORM, BACKUP." With this, whoever is assigned AHEAD of time, will react because i called their platform, and everything goes fucking peaches and cream.
The Great Saberaen - "Shit, lions are great because they eat Africans. They're like AIDS with fur."

Offline Nandladin

« Reply #4 on: 05/19/11, 10:18 AM »
To be honest, I think calling out a particular person's name to cover is more effective than a general platform. "I have cinder, Rad cover this" leaves no ambiguity as to who is hitting the next interrupt.

Offline Niliamann

• Spinning Sack of Potatoes
« Reply #5 on: 05/19/11, 10:34 AM »
That's too long over vent for how quickly the interrupts come.  "Rad, go" will likely be more effective.

If people are missing cinders that go on them, even with announcements and the like, the easiest solution is to set up a poweraura for it.  Explosive Cinders is the debuff name.  Jump out with 3 seconds left or so and swim a bit more.  We shouldn't be taking any of these to the face; getting out is more important than getting back in with one less stack of magma on you.

If anyone wants to get fancy, they're free to edit the /say bubbles with their own text, such as, "BACKUP INTERRUPT NEEDED" or "HEALER COOLDOWNS" when a healer gets it.  Won't really change much, and it shouldn't be needed, but hey, that's why we use addons anyway~

I expect our DPS to shoot up pretty well in P3, mainly because we're not dealing with tail lashes at all and can spread snares out a bit more if wanted.  Our P1 damage got to the point where a lot apparently are for a kill, so that's a good sign.

On a side note, if my giant tree makes it harder for anyone to target on my platform, I can glyph it and go back to twist-style healing, but I imagine everyone's capable of using a health bar to target the add~
« Last Edit: 05/19/11, 10:56 AM by Niliamann »

Offline Moorathe

« Reply #6 on: 05/19/11, 11:58 AM »
I guess I'll spec silencing shot for this fight, I don't sacrifice anything huge by getting it. The main problems though just seemed to be cinders blowing people up.

Offline Zebrix

• Good-for-Nothing Officer
  • Council
  • Battletag: Zeb#1646
« Reply #7 on: 05/19/11, 12:37 PM »
Judging by how we had the DPS to push two electrocutes in Phase 1, I don't expect Phase 3 to be a problem. We should have the DPS to handle this.

My observation of Phase 2 from last night was that we got to a point of handling the Cinders with some reliability. The primary issue is missing Nova interrupts when critical personnel gets a cinder. Calling these out is a good start, but there won't always be enough time left to react to a Vent call, so every individual capable of an interrupt on every platform just need to be aware who else is on their platforms and notice when the primary interrupter(s) get Cindered. We'll be the safest when people can knee jerk react to this on their own. Shouldn't be too big of a problem.

Offline Criph

• ╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
  • Council
  • “But I never fall,” he said, falling.
« Reply #8 on: 05/19/11, 01:25 PM »
Did you log last night?

Offline Zebrix

• Council
« Reply #9 on: 05/19/11, 03:09 PM »
Did you log last night?
Yep. It's up now. Was gonna upload sooner today but I came home after my final with LA Noire and I forgot.

Offline Altair

• Stone Told Steve Austin
  • Officer
« Reply #10 on: 05/19/11, 03:22 PM »
Off-topic: be sure to tell me how that game is.
"I ain't talkin' about chicken n' gravy biatch." ~ Zonty, 2015

Offline Zebrix

• Council
« Reply #11 on: 05/19/11, 04:20 PM »
Off-topic: be sure to tell me how that game is.
Fucking amazing.

Also...

Offline Saberaen

« Reply #12 on: 05/19/11, 04:26 PM »
Here are tentative platform interrupt assignments for tonight:

NW:
Therm, Tickleparty - Primary
Sanies, Toma - Backup

NE:
Altair, Callendal - Primary
Aubrum, Sultad - Backup

S:
Nand, Sab - Primary
Criph, Sweaty - Backup

Adjustments will be made as necessary depending on attendance.

ThermQT

« Reply #13 on: 05/19/11, 05:22 PM »
side note, Aubrum can get every single one on his side. It was a nice treat to be on his platform last night xD

Offline Zebramints

« Reply #14 on: 05/19/11, 05:27 PM »
NE:
Altair, Callendal - Primary
Aubrum, Sultad - Backup'

Swap alt and aubrum, he might not have the RP and aubrum will always have the mana for it. I think it would be best if we have 2 mana interrupters as the primaries and 2 rage/energy/RP for backup
Quote from: Shazzia
Think like this is a Medal of Honor given to warriors in the Vietnam War. How would you feel if a year later, these Medal of Honors is also given away to children for completing a 20-bit puzzle in pre-school?

Guy talking about getting Firelord post 4.3

<3 MMO-C

Offline Saberaen

« Reply #15 on: 05/19/11, 05:42 PM »
There's a method to my madness. If anything, I'll be switching Toma and Therm.

I want no question those backups are always available regardless of any resource issues. If that means the primaries have to pool some rage/energy/RP, that's the way it's going to be.

Offline Altair

• Stone Told Steve Austin
  • Officer
« Reply #16 on: 05/19/11, 05:44 PM »
he might not have the RP

Frost is talented for free interrupts. It's better to have Aubrum as a backup because he'll always be able to pick up on it easily.
"I ain't talkin' about chicken n' gravy biatch." ~ Zonty, 2015

Offline Saberaen

« Reply #17 on: 05/19/11, 05:44 PM »
Yep. That too.

Offline Zebramints

« Reply #18 on: 05/19/11, 05:48 PM »
i see, good thinking
Think like this is a Medal of Honor given to warriors in the Vietnam War. How would you feel if a year later, these Medal of Honors is also given away to children for completing a 20-bit puzzle in pre-school?

<3 MMO-C

ThermQT

« Reply #19 on: 05/19/11, 06:54 PM »
Faction/Server change my shaman and make sweaty go ele. We wont have a single issue on P2 because Me/Aubrum/Sweaty could get every cast, and even if we need to run out we can still get them. Shaman are imba with interupts ^_^

Offline Zebramints

« Reply #20 on: 05/19/11, 07:15 PM »
Faction/Server change my shaman and make sweaty go ele. We wont have a single issue on P2 because Me/Aubrum/Sweaty could get every cast, and even if we need to run out we can still get them. Shaman are imba with interupts ^_^

fucking come over here now and carry me to 2200

<3 MMO-C

Offline Saberaen

« Reply #21 on: 05/19/11, 07:17 PM »
You're welcome to change to your shaman, assuming DPS is in the same ballpark.

If you're asking if we'll pay for the transfer, you can kindly go fuck yourself. ~

Offline Aubrum

• Council
« Reply #22 on: 05/19/11, 07:20 PM »
I'll probably be hitting the interrupt on my platform each time regardless. There really is no reason for me not to do it, but having me technically operate as a backup is probably best, because then even when something goes wrong, nothing should get through.

Offline Saberaen

« Reply #23 on: 05/19/11, 07:21 PM »
Precisely.

Offline Zebramints

« Reply #24 on: 05/19/11, 07:31 PM »
Watched a few more videos, if you get MC'd in p1 or p3 and a crackle is about to go of, KEEP IT, it doesn't hit you, and thats like 600k the healers don't have to waste mana on

<3 MMO-C