Rank 11
SILVER HAND
Rank 4038
U.S [EN]

Author Topic: Holy Paladin Mana Pong  (Read 1684 times)

Offline Criph

• ╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
  • Council
  • “But I never fall,” he said, falling.
Holy Paladin Mana Pong
« on: 05/10/11, 04:13 PM »
From 4.2 PTR datamining:

Divine Light now costs 35% of base mana, up from 30%.
Flash of Light now costs 31% of base mana, up from 27%.
Holy Light now costs 12% of base mana, up from 10%.
Holy Shock now costs 9% of base mana, up from 8%.

If I recall correctly, DL launched with Cata at 30% of base, then was nerfed in 4.0.6 to 33% (which was definitely felt), then reverted in 4.1 back to 30%.  I believe 35% puts DL at over 8k mana.  That is almost double the amount of the nerf that they reverted in 4.1.

Christ, I hope it's a datamining mistake.

Offline Zebrix

• Good-for-Nothing Officer
  • Council
  • Battletag: Zeb#1646
Re: Holy Paladin Mana Pong
« Reply #1 on: 05/10/11, 04:17 PM »
Meanwhile, Disc Priests pay 27% base mana for a Greater Heal that probably hits a bit harder than your DL on 3 stacks of Grace and is reduced to 0 mana cost every 45 seconds thanks to Inner Focus.

Fair and balanced.

Here's a secret I've discovered over the past year. If your class constantly complains in the Healer forums that they're mediocre, regardless of how overpowered they are in reality, the dev team will be super reluctant to nerf them.

PROFIT.

Offline Nandladin

« Reply #2 on: 05/10/11, 04:22 PM »
My blogging capabilities were mediocre, but that didn't stop our devs from nerfing Nandland. :(

Offline Niliamann

• Spinning Sack of Potatoes
« Reply #3 on: 05/10/11, 04:54 PM »
Some are theorizing that this is to reset mana regen for everyone come 4.2, and we'll see more changes to every healer similar to this.

In which case I quit.  What a brilliant idea, make spirit relevant by increasing costs every raid patch.

If they're not doing it....this is still retarded, I mean what the hell.

No more innervates, too.  Hit that Holy Light, dammit!
« Last Edit: 05/10/11, 04:56 PM by Niliamann »

Offline Zebrix

• Council
« Reply #4 on: 05/10/11, 05:36 PM »
Some are theorizing that this is to reset mana regen for everyone come 4.2, and we'll see more changes to every healer similar to this.
This wouldn't surprise me at all.

Shit like this really really frustrates me. We just got out of an expansion where they let item levels run rampant. Content entirely got out of hand past Ulduar because of this, with DPS and healing scaling up so fast with absurd Tier jumps. And after all that, they explicitly said they made that mistake and they're gonna watch out for it from now on.

Instead, what do we find in Cata? More rampant item level scaling.

It really disgusts me, the level of incompetence these mumbling fools display at every point in this pathetic development cycle.

Offline Sultad

« Reply #5 on: 05/11/11, 12:29 AM »
I think the best idea is to just increase mana costs with every content release! It makes spirit stay relevant and by the time the next xpac comes out most of our spells will cost around 50k mana!
/end sarcasm.

Just read the new changes on MMO-Champion. I can see that they are increasing the mana cost because of stat inflation, (which is just a horrible design flaw in the first place) but what does this mean for people who just dinged 85, get a 329 ilevel and start doing heroics? It means they're fucked. >_>

Re-rolling disc priest.

*Edit* DL = 8198 FL = 7260 HL = 2810 HS = 2107

They're not game breaking but... I'll miss having a healing spell that was under 2k. =(
« Last Edit: 05/11/11, 12:38 AM by Sultad »

Offline Saberaen

« Reply #6 on: 05/11/11, 12:44 AM »
WoG = 0? =p

Offline Sultad

« Reply #7 on: 05/11/11, 12:46 AM »
WoG = 3x HS. =P

All healing critical strikes now heal for 2 times a normal heal (+100%), up from 1.5 times a normal heal (+50%).

Everything is better now.
« Last Edit: 05/11/11, 12:53 AM by Sultad »

Offline Criph

• ╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
  • Council
  • “But I never fall,” he said, falling.
« Reply #8 on: 05/11/11, 01:54 AM »
Yeah, WoG is technically quite expensive, given the time to generate and the cost of the only spells that generate holy power.  That, on top of the many, many talents it takes to support WoG.

This isn't likely game-breaking for us, but incredibly bad design that could see us struggling to pull our weight in places where we shouldn't have to.  You really could feel the change from 30% to 33%, for example.  I know I can get innervates, so I pushed tank healing much harder, but once they reverted it I stopped expecting them because I know I can get it back myself when I hit my low point.  At over 1k additional mana per cast, it could get really painful, even with stat inflation.

Shenanigans.  We've already seen that they don't care about the mechanical journey to 85 due to the incredible imbalance, even at 80.

Granted, a 20 second cooldown on Radiance would be nice, but it also means it'll take an even larger bite out of the mana pool.  200% crits means we'll likely focus on a haste point to get an extra tick out of Radiance, if the tier grants it, and then focus on crit rating; mastery becomes even less interesting.

Mana tide cut in half and shamans now going for crit-based regen (hello, new early-Wrath holy paladins) will have even smaller tides than that.  Given 4.2 is meant to ship relatively soon, I have even less hope that any of this is simply meant for PTR number crunching.

Offline Zebrix

• Council
« Reply #9 on: 05/11/11, 09:57 AM »
[blizzard]Mana Tide now grants 200% of the caster's Spirit, down from 400%.[/blizzard]
Nil was right.
« Last Edit: 05/11/11, 11:56 AM by Zebrimuri »

Offline Shatner

• Ginger & Redhead Connoisseur
« Reply #10 on: 05/11/11, 11:51 AM »

In which case I quit.
I will believe it when I see it, Mr. Nil.