Offline Stormaker

• Officer
  • Storm#1958
FFXIV
« on: 06/11/17, 01:56 PM »
I don't see a recent thread, so here's one. According to Nix:

Primal Data Center
Leviathan Server

I don't know shit about this game, and I'm currently just fucking around on the free trial, but so far it's not the worst ever.

Unless I hit something that makes me hate the game, I'm planning to buy the expac when it hits to do more stuff, I guess. Current chratacter's name is Ki Am.
« Last Edit: 06/11/17, 02:42 PM by Stormaker »

Offline Stormaker

• Officer
  • Storm#1958
Re: FFXIV
« Reply #1 on: 06/11/17, 08:30 PM »
why is the GCD 2.5s

this is stupid

Offline Zonty

• Resident Tromboner
« Reply #2 on: 06/11/17, 09:53 PM »
For us stupids what does primal data center leviathan whatever mean? FeelsBadMan
When I show up to raid nights I am there to have fun, not to have a tantrum-prone, know-it-all diva decide to show up on some nights and detract from my enjoyment of raiding.

Offline Nixorrell

• Administrator
  • Nix#1605
« Reply #3 on: 06/11/17, 11:17 PM »
Server group and server, respectively. A bunch of us our in Kelta's free company (guild).

Offline Zonty

• Resident Tromboner
« Reply #4 on: 06/12/17, 02:46 AM »
oooooooooooooh i thought it meant they had advertised some sort of super stable servers or something lol
When I show up to raid nights I am there to have fun, not to have a tantrum-prone, know-it-all diva decide to show up on some nights and detract from my enjoyment of raiding.

Offline Zonty

• Resident Tromboner
« Reply #5 on: 06/12/17, 04:25 AM »
Has anyone tried ESO?  I heard there was a pretty big content update that made it pretty good.

Offline Nixorrell

• Administrator
  • Nix#1605
« Reply #6 on: 06/12/17, 03:52 PM »
Been on my list, but no one to play with + always like 3 or 4 games ahead of it in my attention queue. :(

Offline Zonty

• Resident Tromboner
« Reply #7 on: 06/12/17, 05:14 PM »
Im gonna give it a try if anyone wants to play.

Offline Zonty

• Resident Tromboner
« Reply #8 on: 06/13/17, 02:19 AM »
Im gonna give it a try if anyone wants to play.

Nevermind tried it really didnt like it.

Offline Toma

« Reply #9 on: 06/13/17, 08:19 PM »
My dad plays ESO pretty much 24/7. He likes it. I played XIV a little bit, but it's on whatever server Sultad and T played on. I'll have to remember logins but if I can I'll get on and make a new character.

Offline Vaulkner

• Gambling Commander
« Reply #10 on: 06/21/17, 04:16 PM »
So I started playing this, but I was dumb and forgot some of you all played it and registered on the wrong server. I made a conjurer on Famfrit.

'tis pretty fun so far.

Offline Stormaker

• Officer
  • Storm#1958
« Reply #11 on: 06/21/17, 09:17 PM »
I'm having fun with it. Bought the game, but the latest patch has locked me out and I can't finish the install and it's really fucking pissing me off.

The class system is interesting, and at first the slow pace of everything was frustrating, but it's also nice to just kinda relax during combat and not actually be spamming shit. The crafting is also pretty cool, but it is very tedious for long crafting sessions.

Offline Zonty

• Resident Tromboner
« Reply #12 on: 06/22/17, 02:49 AM »
yea leviathan is full :/

Offline Altair

• Stone Told Steve Austin
  • Officer
« Reply #13 on: 06/22/17, 09:45 AM »
yea leviathan is full :/

It opens up at a predictable time.

That predictable time being somewhere around 3-4a EST.
"I ain't talkin' about chicken n' gravy biatch." ~ Zonty, 2015

Offline Stormaker

• Officer
  • Storm#1958
« Reply #14 on: 06/23/17, 08:45 AM »
being on a full server is annoying as fuck, but athe least it means I occasionally run into other people during fates and stuff

Offline Spacejam

• Cancer Incarnate
« Reply #15 on: 06/24/17, 04:19 PM »
Largest queue I had was like 150 people and it only took a few minutes to log in.

Quote from: 'Blizzard - August 2016'
This time around there won't be a content drought.

Offline Stormaker

• Officer
  • Storm#1958
« Reply #16 on: 06/25/17, 10:27 AM »
I had a 950 saturday night, took 45 minutes to get in and then I got DC'ed so I just went to bed

Offline Vaulkner

• Gambling Commander
« Reply #17 on: 06/25/17, 10:36 AM »
When Stormblood dropped I think the longest queue I got was like 200 something people, but I got in fairly quickly.