Rank 8
SILVER HAND
Rank 4443
U.S [EN]

Author Topic: Archeage 3.0  (Read 583 times)

Offline Kelta

Archeage 3.0
« on: 11/12/16, 06:58 AM »
So archeage is releasing a huge new update, and Fresh Start servers where the P2W is disabled, and everyone is new. I was going to play along with a bunch of friends, and I think we'd love more people joining us.

http://www.archeagegame.com/en/revelation/?affiliateId=520&_ga=1.58452778.1447254271.1477647672

If you'd like to join us, I'll update the server we roll on when they are announced. Otherwise you can discuss whatever about the game here.

We will be starting on the WEST faction. The faction has humans, elves, and dwarves.

Here is a skill calculator if you'd like to check it out:
http://archeagedatabase.net/us/calc/
Note, the update has a good amount of buffs/nerfs to these trees, as well as new "abyssal" skills. The abyssal skills are just OP one time a fight use abilities that you'll unlock at max level, so I wouldn't worry about them. They always personify what the tree is good at though. Ex. Sorcery abyssal skill is a 6s cast that does 1500% of magic attack to a single target.
« Last Edit: 11/12/16, 01:07 PM by Kelta »

Offline Stormaker

• Officer
  • Storm#1958
Re: Archeage 3.0
« Reply #1 on: 11/12/16, 08:25 AM »
I'm in. Haven't played it before. Have played Rift, by the same guys, so we'll see.

I'll prolly go for some sort of tank.

Offline Altair

• Stone Told Steve Austin
  • Officer
« Reply #2 on: 11/12/16, 08:37 AM »
I know nothing about the game.

Sell me on it.
"I ain't talkin' about chicken n' gravy biatch." ~ Zonty, 2015

Offline Kelta

« Reply #3 on: 11/12/16, 08:46 AM »
I know nothing about the game.

Sell me on it.

Boat battles

Also it's a typical korean RPG, so a lot of RPG elements like crafting gear being the BiS but aids to craft, and weapon type matters. Nodachi have a chance to auto crit your next attack, polearms have a chance to ignore armor, axes can bleed, etc.
Literally just if you like korean mmos, it's the best one I've played. If you hate them, you won't like it.

It's 95% open world with no instances. The few instance dungeons are high level. Basically a massive sandbox mmo.

You can go to jail for being a douchebag. Your own faction has a jury pooled from other players who decide your sentence. Only crimes (same faction killing, stealing, griefing) will get you in trouble. Read chat.
« Last Edit: 11/12/16, 09:52 AM by Kelta »

Offline Altair

• Stone Told Steve Austin
  • Officer
« Reply #4 on: 11/12/16, 12:39 PM »
What does stealing even mean in the context of this kind of game?
"I ain't talkin' about chicken n' gravy biatch." ~ Zonty, 2015

Offline Kelta

« Reply #5 on: 11/12/16, 12:59 PM »
What does stealing even mean in the context of this kind of game?

You can plant crops and trees and shit on public land (aka you don't own the land, they can't steal from land you own) and they can dig it up or steal the crop if it's fully grown. It gets them massive crime points but people like being assholes to others. Usually the jury is harsh against people who rip up unprotected farms, since it's basically being an asshole for the sake of being an asshole.

Otherwise you can't steal anything else.

---

You can kill people on your faction as well in War Zones.
All the starting zones, and a couple others, are pvp locked.
Most of the high level zones are at war every couple hours, and when a faction wins that zone it becomes pvp locked for like 2 hours.
If someone on your faction kills you though they get crime points (assuming someone clicks the bloodstain to report the murder).
If you start on the fresh start servers, you won't likely be ganked by higher levels, so you'll probably at least be able to fight them off. I'll be powerleveling and then helping people who get ganked as well, so shouldn't be a problem.
« Last Edit: 11/12/16, 01:05 PM by Kelta »

Offline Zonty

• Resident Tromboner
« Reply #6 on: 11/12/16, 04:44 PM »
I want to build things in this game. How do I do that.
When I show up to raid nights I am there to have fun, not to have a tantrum-prone, know-it-all diva decide to show up on some nights and detract from my enjoyment of raiding.

Offline Kelta

« Reply #7 on: 11/12/16, 05:29 PM »
I want to build things in this game. How do I do that.

Build what though?

Offline Haseo

• Switches to Adds
  • *Throws Keyboard*
« Reply #8 on: 11/12/16, 07:52 PM »
Wasn't this game massively P2W early on in its lifespan?

Offline Kelta

« Reply #9 on: 11/13/16, 01:26 AM »
Wasn't this game massively P2W early on in its lifespan?

Yep. Still is on the normal servers. The fresh start servers will have all the P2W portions of the cash shop cut out. They'll probably eventually bring that stuff back (like 10 months in) but by then I'm sure most of the people I get to play will have dropped off again.