Rank 8
SILVER HAND
Rank 4466
U.S [EN]

Author Topic: Hey Sanies  (Read 755 times)

Offline Zonty

• Resident Tromboner
When I show up to raid nights I am there to have fun, not to have a tantrum-prone, know-it-all diva decide to show up on some nights and detract from my enjoyment of raiding.

Offline Zonty

• Resident Tromboner
Re: Hey Sanies
« Reply #1 on: 09/30/16, 03:47 AM »
You blocked less than 21% of Heroic Ursocs hits.  I blocked over 70%.  But I'm fucking amazing.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Hjyv9VJWMACda34L#type=damage-taken&source=101&fight=15
« Last Edit: 09/30/16, 03:49 AM by Zonty »
When I show up to raid nights I am there to have fun, not to have a tantrum-prone, know-it-all diva decide to show up on some nights and detract from my enjoyment of raiding.

Offline Zonty

• Resident Tromboner
« Reply #2 on: 09/30/16, 12:16 PM »
On our normal cenarius kill you blocked less than 9% of all melee attacks.

Offline nezastus

« Reply #3 on: 10/01/16, 10:56 AM »
But yet you took more overall damages 90.66 million to sanies 72.4 million.... on ursoc....

Offline Zonty

• Resident Tromboner
« Reply #4 on: 10/01/16, 01:36 PM »
But yet you took more overall damages 90.66 million to sanies 72.4 million.... on ursoc....

Grats on not understanding the point of the thread.

Offline nezastus

« Reply #5 on: 10/01/16, 07:09 PM »
Nope I got it, block% versus mastery block% isn't correct and has been off for a while.  My mastery block% is higher then my overall block%.

Offline Sanies

• Brings All the Boys to the Yard
  • Council
« Reply #6 on: 10/02/16, 02:40 AM »
Paladin Block/Mastery tooltips are misleading as it doesnt mention that Mastery has diminishing returns when it comes to increasing your Block%.  The Character sheet Block% includes the "bonus" from Mastery rating after DR.

You blocked less than 21% of Heroic Ursocs hits.  I blocked over 70%.  But I'm fucking amazing.
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Hjyv9VJWMACda34L#type=damage-taken&source=101&fight=15
This is about where I should be given how the character sheet currently reports my DR adjusted Block%

On our normal cenarius kill you blocked less than 9% of all melee attacks.

Some of that will be positioning when handling two npcs with large hit boxes.  Either I keep moving them slowly around or let them use their new and improved pathing/positioning to spread out and worry about being out of the block cone.  Ideally I'd be alittle more aware of this and split my facing between the two and try to keep both within the block cone.

This is to be expected given that Ignore Pain is a well designed and balanced mitigation ability. :)
Battletag: Sanies#1423

Offline Zonty

• Resident Tromboner
« Reply #7 on: 10/02/16, 03:22 AM »
This wasnt a call out just interesting note on that bug.  And nez i took less actual damage than sanies on Ursoc thatsthejoke.jpg

Offline Sanies

• Council
« Reply #8 on: 10/02/16, 04:37 AM »
I didn't take the post as a call out by any means.   Folks in that thread are confused about the character sheet information and how the components interact.

Offline Zonty

• Resident Tromboner
« Reply #9 on: 10/02/16, 03:14 PM »
It's weird how you naturally take less damage with such a low block rate compared to warrior. I guess they expect our uptime to be so much higher so we mitigate at a level you take without mitigation.

Offline nezastus

« Reply #10 on: 10/02/16, 06:35 PM »
I didn't take it as that just thought it was interesting on how the damage difference with the difference of your block versus his.  There wasn't a big difference in inbound damage, based on the average hit or for a max hit either. 

Offline Sanies

• Council
« Reply #11 on: 10/02/16, 11:26 PM »
Overly simplified. but ..

For Hortah and I, it comes down to the difference between Shield of the Righteous(ShotR) vs Shield Block & Ignore Pain.  We both have a number of other CDs but those 1 and 2 account for the bulk of our mitigation.

Right now, IP is a superior defensive cooldown due to the MASSIVE absorb and lack of needing a target to hit it with.

Offline Zonty

• Resident Tromboner
« Reply #12 on: 10/03/16, 02:08 AM »
Riding the high train till it gets nerfed.  Cause it will.

Offline Mistahmastah

• Our Special Buddy
« Reply #13 on: 10/04/16, 02:52 AM »
Riding the high train till it gets nerfed.  Cause it will.
It just did. Rip trane
Mistahmastah to   -∞% and beyond

Offline Zonty

• Resident Tromboner
« Reply #14 on: 10/04/16, 11:43 AM »
It just did. Rip trane

That nerf is actually a buff in 99% of cases. FeelsGoodMan