Rank 8
SILVER HAND
Rank 4443
U.S [EN]

Author Topic: Enhance Shaman  (Read 1812 times)

Offline Stormaker

• Officer
  • Storm#1958
Enhance Shaman
« on: 07/14/16, 03:59 PM »
This is mostly for my reference, but instead of keeping it in a word document, I'm just gonna drop it here in case it helps other people on their alts or something.

Cookie Cutter talents:
http://legion.wowhead.com/talent-calc/shaman/enhancement/MTIz

Enh Artifact Pathing:
« Last Edit: 01/08/17, 03:19 PM by Stormaker »

Offline Zonty

• Resident Tromboner
Re: Enhance Shaman
« Reply #1 on: 07/14/16, 09:33 PM »
Do you have a calculator that shows the optimal way to not have to ankh on every fight?
When I show up to raid nights I am there to have fun, not to have a tantrum-prone, know-it-all diva decide to show up on some nights and detract from my enjoyment of raiding.

Offline Minatron

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: 07/15/16, 12:37 AM »
I appreciate the post, Storm.  I'd encourage other to post similar information for other classes.
Battletag: Haleaux#1145

Offline Haseo

• Switches to Adds
  • *Throws Keyboard*
« Reply #3 on: 07/15/16, 04:47 AM »
tfw Theorycrafters holding out on Rogue stoof until numbers are finalized. ResidentSleeper
I'll still probably get something up for Rogues just to have it there.
« Last Edit: 07/15/16, 05:48 AM by Haseo »

Ellerla

« Reply #4 on: 07/15/16, 07:16 AM »
tfw Theorycrafters holding out on Rogue stoof until numbers are finalized. ResidentSleeper

Seems like there have been changes every 3 days since i got into the beta, the talent setups i posted are already outdated with the buffs to AMoC/black arrow and nerfs to explosive trap. It's probably not worth making a final edit until prepatch actually drops on live servers.

Offline Zonty

• Resident Tromboner
« Reply #5 on: 07/15/16, 06:37 PM »
Seems like there have been changes every 3 days since i got into the beta, the talent setups i posted are already outdated with the buffs to AMoC/black arrow and nerfs to explosive trap. It's probably not worth making a final edit until prepatch actually drops on live servers.

Whoa there captain logic
When I show up to raid nights I am there to have fun, not to have a tantrum-prone, know-it-all diva decide to show up on some nights and detract from my enjoyment of raiding.

Offline Haseo

• Switches to Adds
  • *Throws Keyboard*
« Reply #6 on: 07/15/16, 09:08 PM »

Yeah, I've figured that. I don't mind it. It'll allow me to polish up stuff and make it more concise since majority of the "info" I have gathered is "personal opinion".

Offline Stormaker

• Officer
  • Storm#1958
« Reply #7 on: 08/20/16, 01:05 PM »
I made a post on the b.net forums summing up my current opinions of the spec, and listed the things I have problems with and suggestions to fix them. For those of you that play enhance, I wouldn't mind hearing your thoughts.

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20748616862

Offline Stormaker

• Officer
  • Storm#1958
« Reply #8 on: 08/29/16, 10:21 PM »
Small change to OP with updated artifact pathing image, based on the final tuning changes. Doom Vortex still total poop, and taken dead last. Might sit at 21 traits for a week or two just in case they buff it, but I doubt they do.

Spreadsheet hasn't been updated with the recent hotfixes, but it hasn't changed anything related to optimal talent choices or rotation. Hotfixes primarily smoothed out generation and buffed non-Boulderfist setups, but BF is still best for sustain.

Offline Stormaker

• Officer
  • Storm#1958
« Reply #9 on: 10/05/16, 02:17 AM »
Edit: Trinket picture removed, new spreadsheet has most up-to-date info.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RzrjV0jQkOQbWAdZHT8609MbzaiVctMP99yMCyDDZfg/edit#gid=0

Also added a small update to artifact path in OP, basically just pushing Gathering of the Maelstrom to last, rather than FiL/DV, thanks to the WF buff and increased maelstrom gen.

Seems the recent buffs also made some traits actually worth an ilvl drop, but not by much.
Wind Strikes: ~4 ilvls
Weapons of the Elements: ~2 ilvls
Wind Surge: 1 ilvl
« Last Edit: 10/10/16, 07:01 AM by Stormaker »

Offline Kelta

« Reply #10 on: 10/05/16, 04:00 AM »
Until they gut the shit out of windfury again.

Offline Stormaker

• Officer
  • Storm#1958
« Reply #11 on: 10/05/16, 04:33 AM »
Hopefully not. Ideally, they'd take a bit of power out of Stormstrike, and buff Lava Lash and the Doom Vortex trait. Bring up our sustain a bit, and reduce the RNG burst swings. A fight with shit procs can leave me at 300k, or amazing procs can be 450k, it's a rather annoying swing.

Offline Haseo

• Switches to Adds
  • *Throws Keyboard*
« Reply #12 on: 10/05/16, 05:07 AM »
Hopefully not. Ideally, they'd take a bit of power out of Stormstrike, and buff Lava Lash and the Doom Vortex trait. Bring up our sustain a bit, and reduce the RNG burst swings. A fight with shit procs can leave me at 300k, or amazing procs can be 450k, it's a rather annoying swing.

Sounds exactly like Outlaw RNG with Roll the Bones.

Offline Stormaker

• Officer
  • Storm#1958
« Reply #13 on: 10/05/16, 08:28 AM »
It can be. Mastery and haste help smooth it out, but EN gear the best. The dps swing during burst is even larger, and sometimes I can hit 8-900k with good procs, but then sit at 400k with zero procs.

I had a particularly bad Elerethe pull last night, where our 4:45 heroic kill saw me do not even 260k, compared to a rank 1 parse I had the previous week where I did 380k on a 3:20 kill.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/MRXFqZ72VgJ8TpcH#fight=34&type=auras&source=52
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/vNZqGQkzMtrdbPc7#fight=22&type=auras&source=4

17 Stormbringer procs on the 4:45 kill, while I had 29 procs on the 3:20 kill. 17 procs in almost 5 minutes was such a shit pull, and I do not look forward to being proc starved during some of the important burns deeper in EN.

Offline Stormaker

• Officer
  • Storm#1958
« Reply #14 on: 10/10/16, 06:58 AM »
So, they finally finished the full trinket sims for enhance, in 15 ilvl chunks. An 850 Six-Feather Fan is better than several 895 trinkets. I might end up finding a mob farming spot and just pray for a titanforge fan. Fan also only goes up in value as gear gets better, cuz mastery scaling.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RzrjV0jQkOQbWAdZHT8609MbzaiVctMP99yMCyDDZfg/edit#gid=0

Inside EN, the best trinket options are Bloodthirsty Instinct (Ursoc), and Swarming Plaguehive (Nythendra). Given that I was able to buy an 845 Fan, I would only need the Nyth trinket if it was 890+ and nobody else needed it, and still a small upgrade over 845 Fan. Ursoc trinket will remain the best in slot, barring insane RNG with Shock Baton or Chaos Talisman.

Short story, I have BiS trinkets already, and only need need to upgrade the Ursoc trinket I already have. Will make Sanies's job easier.

Offline Stormaker

• Officer
  • Storm#1958
« Reply #15 on: 12/08/16, 07:04 PM »
Quote from: 207509776431
Thanks for all the feedback; this has been a consistent theme throughout the thread and elsewhere. And we don't want to disrupt the familiar playstyle of 7.1 Enhancement, if in fact the specific pacing of Boulderfist's recharge time is a major part of what makes it work so well. We will still have to address the power level in some way without diluting the feel that's been discussed here. We are currently planning the following for PTR (uncertain on timing):
--Boulderfist recharge time back to 6 seconds
--Boulderfist no longer gives a bonus to critical strike
--Rockbiter generates 20 Maelstrom (from 15)

Two blue posts on enh within 24h and a fix we've been making threads about for months. I'm happy.

Offline Stormaker

• Officer
  • Storm#1958
« Reply #16 on: 01/08/17, 02:57 PM »
Enhance in 7.1.5 - Hailstorm is dead, we have 3 talent setups that can change based on fight/legendaries/set bonuses

Note that the below image is with varying set bonuses, as they affect talents differently.

BF/T/CS is still the cookie cutter once you get tier., but the Windsong/Tempest/Fury build scales particularly well with the Nightblooming Fronds trinket, and pushes it ahead by a bit.

On another note, Spontaneous Apendages is still likely gonna be the best trinket by far, so I guess I should keep killing Il'Gynoth and hoping for a titanforge. :(
« Last Edit: 01/08/17, 03:19 PM by Stormaker »

Offline Stormaker

• Officer
  • Storm#1958
« Reply #17 on: 01/12/17, 02:32 AM »
JK

SA NERFED FROM 1.5 RPPM TO 0.7 RPPM

THANKS BLIZZ

Offline Haseo

• Switches to Adds
  • *Throws Keyboard*
« Reply #18 on: 01/12/17, 02:46 AM »
DON'T YOU JUST LOVE THOSE UNDOCUMENTED CHANGES?!

Offline Stormaker

• Officer
  • Storm#1958
« Reply #19 on: 01/14/17, 02:41 AM »
More hotfixes, more sims.

0P - http://i.imgur.com/G4u4i9f.png
4p - http://puu.sh/tlIhd/8b9f110d42.png

Hotfixes will push Boulderfist to middle of the pack without set, and to the top with set. Considering it's a much more enjoyable playstyle, I'm very happy with the changes.

Offline Stormaker

• Officer
  • Storm#1958

Offline Stormaker

• Officer
  • Storm#1958
« Reply #21 on: 01/25/17, 02:27 AM »
blizzard pls stop change thing

http://puu.sh/tz4Wl/9dbe4ae04f.png

Frond is effectively dead for enh. Best Nighthold trinkets for Enhance are Covergence (of course) and the Entwined Elemental Foci (that I just got tonight, good timing). Guarm haste or mastery stat sticks would beat Foci, though.