Rank 7
SILVER HAND
Rank 4433
U.S [EN]

Author Topic: Legion: Launch, First Week, and Other  (Read 1337 times)

Offline Stormaker

• Officer
  • Storm#1958
Re: Legion: Launch, First Week, and Other
« Reply #25 on: 07/14/16, 12:40 PM »
So, last couple of things. I've tested and familiarized myself with all that I intend to.

Nightfallen reputation is particularly important. There are two dungeons gated behind it, and each rep level has rewards and unlocks new quests. Arcway is at honored, Court of Stars at 8k into honored. Revered gives 20k ArP, Exalted gives 50k. This is the slowest rep.

Emissaries currently do not spawn quests when they pop, so if you are interested in finishing your emissaries as they are available, you may have to stockpile word quests, but it's really not important.

Some World Bosses are bugged right now in beta, but previously Humongris and Nithogg have always been spawned, and a third one will spawn with a Wardens WQ attached that grants large ArP gains.

Addons - I've tested these on beta and they currently work with no issues. Just quality of life things to make leveling faster/less tedious.

Sell Gray items automatically - http://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/crapaway
Auto repair - http://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/autorepair
Auto Turnin - http://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/autoturnin

Auto turnin has some settings you can mess with. By default it only does dailies, so I personally set it to do all quests, but to let me pick the reward for any quests with gear options.

Offline Haseo

• Switches to Adds
  • *Throws Keyboard*
« Reply #26 on: 07/14/16, 04:11 PM »
I've been using "Auto Turnin" and "Turn in" since Cata and it's really nice. Nothing conflicts and you can custom both together.
http://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/turn-in

People who are using ElvUI already have the luxury of "Vendor trash" and "Auto Repair".

Offline Stormaker

• Officer
  • Storm#1958
« Reply #27 on: 07/14/16, 04:38 PM »
The auto dialogue would be nice. It's rather rare now, though. There were a couple quests in Legion that only popped up after completed their dialogue, which was kinda weird, but cool (so if you see someone that only gives one quest, but there's dialogue, click through it just in case).

Offline Haseo

• Switches to Adds
  • *Throws Keyboard*
« Reply #28 on: 07/14/16, 04:52 PM »
There's auto dialogue in "Turn In", if people didn't see that. The one picture they showcase on Curse doesn't do it any justice.

There's also "Trainer" and "Battlemaster" after Spirit Healer.
« Last Edit: 07/14/16, 04:54 PM by Haseo »

Offline Stormaker

• Officer
  • Storm#1958
« Reply #29 on: 07/15/16, 09:17 AM »
This is more generic, but still useful.

If you are PvP flagged out in the world, you can use your PvP talents in regular combat. Some of them are nice damage/survival boosts and make questing quicker. Assuming we can get the honor levels before launch, getting to 50 and sitting on it for a while is a good idea.

Offline Altair

• Stone Told Steve Austin
  • Officer
« Reply #30 on: 07/15/16, 10:10 PM »
This is more generic, but still useful.

If you are PvP flagged out in the world, you can use your PvP talents in regular combat. Some of them are nice damage/survival boosts and make questing quicker. Assuming we can get the honor levels before launch, getting to 50 and sitting on it for a while is a good idea.

Saw that honor talents only become active at 110.
"I ain't talkin' about chicken n' gravy biatch." ~ Zonty, 2015

Offline Stormaker

• Officer
  • Storm#1958
« Reply #31 on: 07/15/16, 10:29 PM »
Yeah, you're right. Forgot about that. So, not useful for leveling, but could be for World Questing.

I did discover today that PvP modifiers seems to take place while you're flagged out in the world, which is weird. IE: If I'm flagged and fighting a pack of wolves, my healing surge will do 50% less, which seems wrong. I made a forum post about it, but no response yet.

Offline Stormaker

• Officer
  • Storm#1958
« Reply #32 on: 07/20/16, 10:55 AM »
When researching in your class hall, I'd highly recommend going down the right side, for the champion and follower buffs. The equipment from missions one is the most important, early on.

New missions appear every 10 ilvls, if you have two followers at/near it. IE: Leveling one follower to 850 won't spawn new missions, but two to 770 will.

Raid quest item missions are ilvl 810, but spawned a bit quicker than the others, while I had several followers 770-790 and one 850. These missions also appear to have a 3 day despawn. It may be beneficial to stockpile item upgrades until you can boost 3 characters over 810.
« Last Edit: 07/20/16, 10:57 AM by Stormaker »