Rank 4
SILVER HAND
Rank 3727
U.S [EN]

Author Topic: New EverQuest Progressions Server  (Read 6599 times)

Offline Nixorrell

• Administrator
  • Nix#1605
Re: New EverQuest Progressions Server
« Reply #50 on: 05/23/15, 07:20 PM »
The queue system they rigged allegedly just went live. Word is the tech director on the team rigged it together himself, which is funny because I remember SOE community people in the past saying there was no chance of ever seeing a queue system in the game. Makes you appreciate a lot of the convenience features of modern MMOs a bit...

They're slowly but surely getting this server to a place where it's playable for regular people. It's a shame that the long weekend means no playtime for those who aren't there to try at 0600 or sit for 30 minutes a time spam-clicking, but oh well.
« Last Edit: 05/23/15, 07:28 PM by Nixorrell »

Offline Zonty

• Resident Tromboner
« Reply #51 on: 05/23/15, 09:23 PM »
Let's just all go play Destiny.
When I show up to raid nights I am there to have fun, not to have a tantrum-prone, know-it-all diva decide to show up on some nights and detract from my enjoyment of raiding.

Offline Nixorrell

• Administrator
  • Nix#1605
« Reply #52 on: 05/24/15, 02:24 AM »
NO! We have to desperately try to rekindle nostalgia in the broke-ass ultra-unoptimized archaic game system that is classic EQ, screwed up even further by the new-age in-game systems they couldn't roll back. I've played 6 hours and 33 minutes and I'm level 4.75 out of 50, dammit.

Offline Nandladin

« Reply #53 on: 05/24/15, 09:59 AM »
My total playtime across all four accounts has been roughly 35 seconds (and it takes 30 seconds to camp). But maybe I'll make Nandarie today and work on her UI. I wonder if our PoNostalgia UIs would work here?

Offline Nixorrell

• Administrator
  • Nix#1605
« Reply #54 on: 05/24/15, 01:59 PM »
Probably. I just wanted to get a little bit of a head start this weekend because I'm playing solo (as a ranger in classic, on this server, GG) and know the month of June might limit my time somewhat.

Offline Nandladin

« Reply #55 on: 05/24/15, 02:00 PM »
I did get a basic ui working this morning. I'll be curious what other people are using. I know I'll need to improve my buffs with a custom window.

Offline Nixorrell

• Administrator
  • Nix#1605
« Reply #56 on: 05/24/15, 02:07 PM »
People killed Nag/Vox/Phin about 10 hours ago. Poopsockin ain't easy. This was the comp:

« Last Edit: 05/24/15, 02:10 PM by Nixorrell »

Offline Nixorrell

• Administrator
  • Nix#1605
« Reply #57 on: 05/24/15, 02:14 PM »
To try and pull a WoW analogy to illustrate, this would be like people hitting level 55 around 1 hour after Vanilla launch and downing Ragnaros with a raid of 30 shaman, or something.

Good thing for the rest of us that this game lends itself more to the adventure of leveling as much as being max-level, weird as that may sound to people who never MMO'd before like, 2004. Now that most of the people who are paying their $90/month to 6-box are well out of the earlier stages of the game, we're left with the people who will form the actual community of the game, and will hopefully allow the good ol' days to resurface once more.
« Last Edit: 05/24/15, 02:21 PM by Nixorrell »

Offline Nandladin

« Reply #58 on: 05/24/15, 04:17 PM »
Needed those chanters to clarity mages and haste pets. Oh and magic resist. :)

Offline Nandladin

« Reply #59 on: 05/24/15, 04:17 PM »
Anyway, at least we get to vote on 6 months next expansion, right? haha

Man, those guys are going to have shit to do for awhile...

Offline Nixorrell

• Administrator
  • Nix#1605
« Reply #60 on: 05/24/15, 04:43 PM »
I imagine they'll be camping the spawns for RMT for that time, and all of Kunark, at least.

Offline Ayedin

• Rift Member
« Reply #61 on: 05/25/15, 12:43 AM »
I think I've settled on Shadowknight. Name is Aepoc.

The enchanter would be fun if I could group all the time, but reality quickly reminded me that I can't. I missed melee too.

They've got a queue system in place, that script I linked doesn't do any good now.

Offline Radzeal

• der F├╝hrer
  • Council
« Reply #62 on: 05/25/15, 11:29 AM »
To try and pull a WoW analogy to illustrate, this would be like people hitting level 55 around 1 hour after Vanilla launch and downing Ragnaros with a raid of 30 shaman, or something.

Good thing for the rest of us that this game lends itself more to the adventure of leveling as much as being max-level, weird as that may sound to people who never MMO'd before like, 2004. Now that most of the people who are paying their $90/month to 6-box are well out of the earlier stages of the game, we're left with the people who will form the actual community of the game, and will hopefully allow the good ol' days to resurface once more.

I'm really glad I didn't dive into this because I feel like those old compulsions would have risen and I'd be that fucking guy. I would have a monk though just on principle so I could train people out of my spawns in lguk/solb.
Battletag: Radz#1808

Offline Nandladin

« Reply #63 on: 05/25/15, 08:11 PM »
I think I've settled on Shadowknight. Name is Aepoc.

The enchanter would be fun if I could group all the time, but reality quickly reminded me that I can't. I missed melee too.

They've got a queue system in place, that script I linked doesn't do any good now.

Good, good! I must be the only enchanter!

Offline Nandladin

« Reply #64 on: 05/25/15, 08:13 PM »
By the way, how do we make a guild and who wants to be the sucker stuck heading the guild?

Also, if we actually do make a guild, we should actually invite people instead of sticking to ourselves. Worst-case scenario: a clusterfuck of idiots would still be more entertaining than just us.

Offline Nixorrell

• Administrator
  • Nix#1605
« Reply #65 on: 05/25/15, 11:06 PM »
That's more or less the TWC creed anyway, is it not?

You can just create a guild using one of the buttons in the top bar now if you can get past the queue and log in.
« Last Edit: 05/25/15, 11:15 PM by Nixorrell »

Offline Nandladin

« Reply #66 on: 05/25/15, 11:31 PM »
3 characters made and assembled in Felwithe!

Now to get the Barbarian across the world. Considering the whole human eyesight thing, that'll be fun.

But since most mobs are pretty much dead across the world, I might get it done this week. :p

Offline Spacejam

• Cancer Incarnate
« Reply #67 on: 05/26/15, 12:03 AM »
doot doot

Quote from: 'Blizzard - August 2016'
This time around there won't be a content drought.

Offline Zonty

• Resident Tromboner
« Reply #68 on: 05/26/15, 05:43 AM »
smells like mothballs and Ensure in here.
When I show up to raid nights I am there to have fun, not to have a tantrum-prone, know-it-all diva decide to show up on some nights and detract from my enjoyment of raiding.

Offline Nixorrell

• Administrator
  • Nix#1605
« Reply #69 on: 05/26/15, 10:25 AM »
I will say that Classic content does seem to be lacking in engaging activities -- things like the starter armor quests and all that which gave you things to work toward other than "kill bats in Qeynos Hills for 30 hours."

Aside from the Trueshot Longbow/Raincaller quests when I'm high enough level, it seems all there is to do is grind and do little random turn-in quests where I can. Tradeskills too, I spose.

I'd add grouping in dungeons and stuff in, but that's not really all that possible for the time being given that places like Crushbone and Blackburrow have 100+ people in them 24/7. It's still neat to see that there are literally 50 people in Qeynos Hills (32 in Blackburrow) at 10:30 AM EDT on a Tuesday though. I'm currently trying to make the UI work at a sneaky 800x600 to play at work.

I'm just hoping everyone was right in saying things should even out a ton now that the holiday weekend is past us, but you gotta figure all those people paid money to be here, so why wouldn't they? I guess we'll see over the course of this week!

Update: Blackburrow at 52 people at 2 PM. That's starting to be a bit much, no? I never did that place, so I have no idea.
« Last Edit: 05/26/15, 02:17 PM by Nixorrell »

Offline Nandladin

« Reply #70 on: 05/26/15, 06:43 PM »
My barbarian was able to make it through BB thanks to everything being dead. Bound in Qeynos, but I'm scared about that Freeport run. :p

Offline Nixorrell

• Administrator
  • Nix#1605
« Reply #71 on: 05/26/15, 08:16 PM »
It's like that on the whole server, from what I hear. Once you make it to the lvl 10+ places where there's no /pickzone stuff, there are like 500% more people than each zone can support fighting over spawns. So there's that to look forward to!

Offline Nandladin

« Reply #72 on: 05/26/15, 08:18 PM »
Kerra Isle it is!

Offline Nandladin

Offline Nixorrell

• Administrator
  • Nix#1605
« Reply #74 on: 05/27/15, 10:01 AM »
Beat me to it. I think a lot people currently on Ragefire will not switch to Lockjaw simply because of the tryhard time they've invested already. I'm calling this a good thing, because if say only 25% of the people switch over from Ragefire, that's practically a full server already, given that Ragefire is beyond that of the previous TLP servers combined. Might actually find some mobs then!

That's the good (?), but you still have to consider the bad:

-- The 12-hour-a-day tryhard people (that Twisted Legacy guild) will still be running rampant KSing, being douches, hitting 40's two days after launch, and making the new server shitty. They've already said as much about splitting between the two servers.

-- Boxers will still run rampant, which is kind of a function of the above, since I've noticed all the 6-box mage armies tend to belong to the same tryhard guild

-- Potential 'abandonment' of the server, at least according to the doomsayers, where the population just ends up being anemic and a merger never happens

Given how large demand is vice supply, I'm not worried about underpopulation. Can't do anything about tryhard raider douchebags anyway. I recall being one of them when I was in Assent :o)

That said, I'm for a switch, all things considered. I don't think any of us has particularly invested a ton of time, since I don't think any of us are even 10. What's most important is to all be on the same server though. I'm seeing these options:

1) Stay on Ragefire and try to deal with the ultraoverpopulation
2) Switch to Lockjaw and hope the population is more manageable
3) Wait a while before deciding which server is better

Thoughts?
« Last Edit: 05/27/15, 10:17 AM by Nixorrell »