Rank 8
SILVER HAND
Rank 4466
U.S [EN]

Author Topic: New EverQuest Progressions Server  (Read 6728 times)

Offline Nixorrell

• Administrator
  • Nix#1605
Re: New EverQuest Progressions Server
« Reply #25 on: 05/12/15, 04:43 PM »
Yay for FD (minus F) pulling!
« Last Edit: 05/15/15, 12:13 PM by Nixorrell »

Offline Nixorrell

• Administrator
  • Nix#1605
« Reply #26 on: 05/15/15, 12:18 PM »
Alrighty, this stuff starts next week, and it looks like we'll have at least 3 people playing across a bunch of classes.

I'll be going by my usual name -- class is Ranger cause I like hurting myself -- and I just have to decide whether I want to go Wood Elf again or Half-Elf for a bit of a different experience.

Offline Radzeal

• der Führer
  • Council
« Reply #27 on: 05/15/15, 02:34 PM »
Never.Again.

Godspeed, gentlemen.
Battletag: Radz#1808

Offline Ayedin

• Rift Member
« Reply #28 on: 05/15/15, 07:24 PM »
This makes me sad:

Q: Will you be adjusting monk fist damage or pet damage on Ragefire?

Regrettably, no. Unarmed damage is tied very deeply to our combat code, and to reduce damage for the first few expansions on progression servers we would have to check for expansion unlocks every time any entity attempted any attack on any other entity on every server. The CPU increase when we tried it internally was startling.

As for pets, since they share data with live servers, we can't change their skills without also changing them on Live.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/ragefire-poll-results-and-beta-information.220107/

Offline Nixorrell

• Administrator
  • Nix#1605
« Reply #29 on: 05/15/15, 08:17 PM »
It'll be interesting to see how many people drop weapons altogether. And also how many mages we'll see running around.

Offline Nandladin

« Reply #30 on: 05/16/15, 04:12 PM »
Cool beans.

Offline Radzeal

• der Führer
  • Council
« Reply #31 on: 05/17/15, 11:53 AM »
I didn't start with mage on our emu server for nothing, friend.
Battletag: Radz#1808

Offline Nandladin

« Reply #32 on: 05/19/15, 10:51 PM »
Let me know how things go if any of you play tomorrow. Curious if I'll need to re-re-re-subscribe to wineq to make multibox bearable. And it does seem /melody will be in the game.

Offline Nandladin

« Reply #33 on: 05/20/15, 10:19 PM »
Sooo, apparently people started out at level 50, and the server has been locked. A wipe is very likely.

Launches are hard. Pisses me off that people are being so bitchy about the issues.

Offline Nandladin

« Reply #34 on: 05/21/15, 12:43 AM »
And to make a third post today, even though I didn't get to play the game (they're still having issues), I did remember how to get this multibox shit working with isboxer. So, if you have any questions, hit me up.

Offline Nixorrell

• Administrator
  • Nix#1605
« Reply #35 on: 05/21/15, 01:17 PM »
You'd better call down, son. Three in one day...

I'm not even trying to log on to the server until like, Friday; not with all these problems.

Offline Nandladin

« Reply #36 on: 05/21/15, 01:56 PM »
Yeah, it's going to be awhile for me, too. They also stopped me from making new accounts after three (I wanted four), so that may take a bit to get handled.

Luckily, I'm in no rush to get through the game. I want to enjoy the journey and meet some people along the way. Some of these people bitching because they can't play and took a week off of work to get ahead make no sense to me. THE GAME IS FIFTEEN YEARS OLD IT'S NOT A RACE!!! (is it?)

Offline Nixorrell

• Administrator
  • Nix#1605
« Reply #37 on: 05/21/15, 03:02 PM »
My favorite is the people complaining about the community vote in which an OVERWHELMING MAJORITY voted to keep classic active for 6 months instead of like, the 1, all these complainers wanted.

Offline Ayedin

• Rift Member
« Reply #38 on: 05/21/15, 03:25 PM »
I'm going to start with an Enchanter. Crowd Control was my favorite part of the bard, I want to try it from the "pure" class's perspective.

I don't expect to keep up in levels. I've got about an hour each weeknight to play. I'm letting a friend
(druid) who will have more time to play box my guy if he wants.

Looking forward to it if the server ever comes up.

Offline Nandladin

« Reply #39 on: 05/21/15, 04:17 PM »
An hour a weeknight? More than me. :P

Offline Ayedin

• Rift Member
« Reply #40 on: 05/21/15, 05:44 PM »
I expect the younger angrier crowd to wiz past us. All the Classic-to-PoP folks will have jobs and/or families and we'll be hanging out at Orc 2.

Offline Nandladin

« Reply #41 on: 05/21/15, 09:01 PM »
Two things:

1) Is there any desire to guild up and go from there?

2) After making three accounts, I got banned from making new accounts on this IP. Simply using my phone and 4g, I was able to get around that, even keeping the same email address.

Offline Zonty

• Resident Tromboner
« Reply #42 on: 05/21/15, 09:03 PM »
Two things:

1) Is there any desire to guild up and go from there?

2) After making three accounts, I got banned from making new accounts on this IP. Simply using my phone and 4g, I was able to get around that, even keeping the same email address.

Teach me your leet hackor ways
When I show up to raid nights I am there to have fun, not to have a tantrum-prone, know-it-all diva decide to show up on some nights and detract from my enjoyment of raiding.

Offline Nandladin

« Reply #43 on: 05/21/15, 09:07 PM »
The secret to being good at wow was to hit the right buttons at the right times.

Offline Saberaen

« Reply #44 on: 05/21/15, 10:49 PM »
I'd definitely like to guild up asap.

Will also be a bit before I can play with any regularity, though I'll be making a real effort to carve out time for it - especially if we can coordinate guild groups.

Offline Nandladin

« Reply #45 on: 05/21/15, 11:08 PM »
It's okay. It looks like it'll be a week or two before server extreme overcrowdingness goes away. :)

Offline Ayedin

• Rift Member
« Reply #46 on: 05/21/15, 11:35 PM »
Using an AutoIt script to click back and forth on PLAY EVERQUEST / OK on the world full message.

I got in once, but the client crashed while I was fiddling with the Smart Loot thing.

Offline Nixorrell

• Administrator
  • Nix#1605
« Reply #47 on: 05/22/15, 10:29 AM »
Definitely going to be waiting a while unless you're poopsocking it. I imagine there's nothing but box-groups of mages running around right now, because you ONLY have six months, man.. gotta grind it up fast! I do expect to never see a raid boss or sweet loot named though, since things will in all likelihood be perpetually camped. Apparently there are already people close to 20 and camping Najena and stuff (almost all 6-box mages), and most of the server appears to be AFKing instead of logging out -- granted it's a Friday before a holiday weekend, but the server was full at 9 AM, and still is.

In the meantime, let's all enjoy this Ragefire simulator I found:

« Last Edit: 05/22/15, 10:46 AM by Nixorrell »

Offline Nandladin

« Reply #48 on: 05/22/15, 11:10 AM »
I got my Lagspike name locked in this morning. Good progress, right?

Offline Ayedin

• Rift Member
« Reply #49 on: 05/22/15, 06:15 PM »
Here's the AutoIt script I used to get in last night: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3E6y5g61EtYTDREYk01T3U5X1U/view?usp=sharing

It just clicks back and forth on the PLAY EVERQUEST! / OK buttons shown in Nix's screenshot. The script stops when you hit escape. If the clicks aren't in the right place on your machine you can edit the x/y coordinates.

You need AutoIt for this to work: https://www.autoitscript.com/site/autoit/downloads/

Here's a collection of handy Ragefire-centric links I stole from someone on Reddit: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1hZVJTTrZ_RxjfJTwCnFcb1O1F2PqBFgJsbHGi5QDpgI/edit?usp=sharing

I played for an hour or so last night, it really wasn't bad. Got to level 4. Even the Enchanter pet felt OP, can't imagine what mages and necros are able to do.