Rank 8
SILVER HAND
Rank 4443
U.S [EN]

Author Topic: Destiny  (Read 6124 times)

Offline Nixorrell

• Administrator
  • Nix#1605
Re: Destiny
« Reply #25 on: 09/12/14, 12:04 PM »
You used to be able to lock your subclass for a bit of a stat boost during the alpha/beta days, but they removed that shortly before launch. Given how the subclass thing works, and how currency is account-bound and all, I'd say it's a safe bet that they wanted to make it easy to delve into the other classes. I mean, it's all reminiscent of Halo at the core, what with the grenades and strong-ass melee (or ranged in one case) attack, but there are enough cool differences -- especially with supers -- that the classes all feel different. That one Warlock subclass can even pull a Shaman reincarnation.

Personally, I found these guides on VG247 to be pretty helpful and succinct:

Titan -- tanky warriory class
Hunter -- roguey huntery class
Warlock -- magey class
« Last Edit: 09/12/14, 12:12 PM by Nixorrell »

Offline Saberaen

« Reply #26 on: 09/14/14, 10:49 PM »
Playing this on PS4. Saberen is my PSN name.

It's a surprisingly credible MMORPG in some ways. For example, Strike content can actually be hard if you don't know what's coming at you and plan accordingly. Given my prior experience was limited to Halo 1 and 2 on PC, my respect for Bungie has grown immensely.

Offline Zonty

• Resident Tromboner
« Reply #27 on: 09/15/14, 07:22 PM »
GT is Zontastic
When I show up to raid nights I am there to have fun, not to have a tantrum-prone, know-it-all diva decide to show up on some nights and detract from my enjoyment of raiding.

Offline Viserecht

« Reply #28 on: 09/16/14, 09:40 PM »
I play on PS4, PSN name is Sephrir

Offline Zebrix

• Good-for-Nothing Officer
  • Council
  • Battletag: Zeb#1646
« Reply #29 on: 09/17/14, 02:02 PM »
I changed my 10 year old XBox gamertag coz numbers for letters is a fad that should have died in the early 2000s. The new one is FlyingTinOpener.

Offline Shiira

« Reply #30 on: 10/15/14, 01:21 PM »
Playing Destiny PS3 since launch
Tlaloc7766 Blandancer Hunter there.
Found a Group called The War Council who's founder claims to have been part of the original guild on Saryn (Everquest), where I played Hiirem Hairytoes the druid and Byor the rouge for quite a few years.

If anyone else is playing on PS3 let me know you name there and shoot me a friend request.

-
Shiira mage co-founder of The War Council here on Silver Hand

Offline Zifoxx

• Facebook Profile
« Reply #31 on: 10/17/14, 11:53 PM »
GT is Zifoxx if anyone wants to play this or anything else, really. Currently a level 15 (or 16 I think) Warlock on Xbox 360.

Offline Saberaen

« Reply #32 on: 10/18/14, 10:00 AM »
Playing Destiny PS3 since launch
Tlaloc7766 Blandancer Hunter there.
Found a Group called The War Council who's founder claims to have been part of the original guild on Saryn (Everquest), where I played Hiirem Hairytoes the druid and Byor the rouge for quite a few years.

If anyone else is playing on PS3 let me know you name there and shoot me a friend request.

-
Shiira mage co-founder of The War Council here on Silver Hand

Whoa, hey!

Damn, I wish you guys were on ps4.

Offline Nandladin

« Reply #33 on: 10/18/14, 11:10 AM »
I just got a Destiny PS4 bundle last week, Sab. Although I haven't played it yet. :p

Offline Zonty

• Resident Tromboner
« Reply #34 on: 10/18/14, 10:07 PM »
Look at all the old people.
When I show up to raid nights I am there to have fun, not to have a tantrum-prone, know-it-all diva decide to show up on some nights and detract from my enjoyment of raiding.

Offline Saberaen

« Reply #35 on: 10/20/14, 04:35 PM »
I just got a Destiny PS4 bundle last week, Sab. Although I haven't played it yet. :p

That is the most amazing fucking news.

Offline Zonty

• Resident Tromboner
« Reply #36 on: 05/16/15, 06:49 PM »
Bumping this for house of wolves. I bought the expac and played with some peeps last night and it was pretty fun. Got a SUROS Regime from the nightfall. If anyone else is still playing let me know.

Offline Nixorrell

• Administrator
  • Nix#1605
« Reply #37 on: 05/16/15, 08:37 PM »
I still play this shit, for whatever reason. Xbone, but we're already best buds on XBL.
« Last Edit: 05/16/15, 08:43 PM by Nixorrell »

Offline Zonty

• Resident Tromboner
« Reply #38 on: 09/13/15, 05:24 PM »
Hey all don't know who plays but I'm gonna be playing a lot come Tuesday. If anyone has toons to level or w/e hit me up.  We can totally post out for raids I don't think Mina reads this sub forum.

Offline Natsu

« Reply #39 on: 09/13/15, 06:45 PM »
ps4 or xbox?
Killin it with Kindness

Offline Zonty

• Resident Tromboner
« Reply #40 on: 09/13/15, 07:44 PM »
Xbox

Offline Natsu

« Reply #41 on: 09/13/15, 09:06 PM »
well shit
Killin it with Kindness

Offline Zonty

• Resident Tromboner
« Reply #42 on: 05/24/16, 04:11 PM »
I'm gonna bump this, if anyone wants to play with me and a dude from my old guild we could use a 3rd for nightfalls/weekly Elders etc.  On XBONE.  Let me know.

Offline Spacejam

• Cancer Incarnate
« Reply #43 on: 05/25/16, 09:07 AM »
>playing any other fps than overwatch ever

Quote from: 'Blizzard - August 2016'
This time around there won't be a content drought.