Rank 22
SILVER HAND
Rank 5518
U.S [EN]

Author Topic: Destiny  (Read 6208 times)

Offline Nixorrell

• Administrator
  • Nix#1605
Destiny
« on: 09/09/14, 10:34 AM »
I know no one here plays anything aside from WoW and other games but is anyone playing this? On Xbox One by chance? It's lonely on XBL.

Offline Aubrum

• Council
Re: Destiny
« Reply #1 on: 09/09/14, 11:55 AM »
Been playing it all morning. Pretty pretty pretty good. What's your thing?

Offline Altair

• Stone Told Steve Austin
  • Officer
« Reply #2 on: 09/09/14, 01:22 PM »
Looking at this game makes me want an XB1. The second I can afford a console though, Wii U comes first, haters be damned.
"I ain't talkin' about chicken n' gravy biatch." ~ Zonty, 2015

ThermQT

« Reply #3 on: 09/09/14, 02:30 PM »
i know nothing about the game but this is going around imgur and it seems good?
BatFan22 382 points : 21 hours ago reply
Shaders: Double Banshee: 7MM-VPD-MHP Oracle 99: RXC-9XJ-4MH
·
BatFan22 334 points : 21 hours ago reply
Gjallorhorn: HC3-H44-DKC Duke MK.44: 69P-KRM-JJA The Tower: 69P-VCH-337 The Hive: Ogre 69R-CKD-X7L Valley of the kings, Mars: 69R-DDD-FCP
·
BatFan22 387 points : 21 hours ago reply
Ab Aeterno: JDT-NLC-JKM Field of Light: JNX-DMH-XLA Lone Focus, Jagged Edge: 7CP-94V-LFP
+
BatFan22 384 points : 2 replies : 21 hours ago reply
Warlock: YKA-RJG-MH9 Hunter: 3DA-P4X-F6A
+
BatFan22 391 points : 3 replies : 21 hours ago reply
Sign of the Finite: 7F9-767-F74 Binding Focus: FJ9-LAM-67F Illusion of Light: JD7-4CM-HJG
·
BatFan22 362 points : 21 hours ago reply
The Fallen: 69R-F99-AXG Red Death: 69R-VL7-J6A The Cabal: 69X-DJN-74V The Devastated Coast, Venus: 6A7-7NP-3X7 Vex Minotaur: 6A9-DTG-YGN
+
BatFan22 236 points : 3 replies : 21 hours ago reply
Titan: MVD-4N3-NKH Rixis: TCN-HCD-TGY Old-Russia: HDX-ALM-V4K Hive: 473-MXR-3X9 Moon: JMR-LFN-4A3

www.bungie.net/sr/User/coderedemption

Offline Nixorrell

• Administrator
  • Nix#1605
« Reply #4 on: 09/09/14, 03:06 PM »
Yeah, all their in-game code for items and shit. Saw JavaScript snippets you can just run to automatically redeem everything for no work on Reddit. That's my kind of vidya games.

Been playing it all morning. Pretty pretty pretty good. What's your thing?

Fuck yeah, I didn't think anyone else even had an Xbone. GT is Nixorrell

Also get a job.
« Last Edit: 09/09/14, 03:11 PM by Nixorrell »

Offline Arelalith

« Reply #5 on: 09/09/14, 09:47 PM »
I play it on ps3. Was gonna see if anyone else did too. Heh

Offline Zebrix

• Good-for-Nothing Officer
  • Council
  • Battletag: Zeb#1646
« Reply #6 on: 09/09/14, 11:35 PM »
I'm definitely going to get the game, but I'm trying to figure out if I should get it with a PS4 or an XBox One. Haven't made up my mind yet. I was leaning towards the PS4 because of the really awesome white console bundle, but XBox One has super neat set top box integration. And it turns out now both Aubrum and Nix play on the XBL so that's a big factor.

If anyone has one console or the other, I'd love to hear what you think about your purchase. Going to put in an order probably this week.

Offline Arelalith

« Reply #7 on: 09/10/14, 12:08 AM »
I did read somewhere. That it seemed better optimized on PS4.  I'll be going ps4 route soon enough I think. Especially for when CoD: Advanced Warefare comes out.

I will say the few hours I've played around. Definitely would be a lot more fun with a friend to run around with.

Just my .02 though.

Offline Nixorrell

• Administrator
  • Nix#1605
« Reply #8 on: 09/10/14, 09:34 AM »
My two cents about the current "next gen" consoles:

PS4: Heavily gaming-focused option -- you can see that by tactics like the Destiny exclusives and early access being pushed which suggest hardcore gamers will have this system. It will be running more things at 60 FPS at 1080p than Xbone, if you care about it much. Much like with how the PS3 was for me with Demon's Souls, I'll be getting a PS4 for the phat exclusives next year.

Xbone: Gaming + media-focused option. It will be running more things at 720p than the PS4, I use Netflix and Twitch on mine a lot, and features like keeping a game and app suspended at the same time for instant resuming later is really nice for me. If I had a STB, it'd probably be OK for that too. I may be a little biased, since I've got my legacy on XBL and barely records on PSN. THAT FUCKING CONTROLLER THOUGH, holy shit... easily the best console controller ever made IMHO.

Wii U: Hey, it's that thing what has the Mario, Zelda, and Smash Bros games.
« Last Edit: 09/10/14, 09:41 AM by Nixorrell »

Offline Zebrix

• Council
« Reply #9 on: 09/10/14, 06:09 PM »
Yeah Nix, that's my understanding too.

I think I'm going with an XBox One Kinect bundle. When there aren't enough exclusives that swing me one way or the other, the media and STB features are just edging XBone ahead in my book. I can invest into PS4 later in its lifecycle, when it has acquired more exclusives I want to play.

Offline Spacejam

• Cancer Incarnate
« Reply #10 on: 09/10/14, 06:26 PM »
My two cents about the current "next gen" consoles:

PS4: peasant box

Xbone: peasant box with netflix

PC: master race

It will be running more things at 60 FPS at 1080p than Xbone, if you care about it much.

lol no 0 isn't > 0
« Last Edit: 09/10/14, 06:32 PM by Spacejam »

Quote from: 'Blizzard - August 2016'
This time around there won't be a content drought.

Offline Zebrix

• Council
« Reply #11 on: 09/10/14, 06:44 PM »
I agree with the PC master race. But at the same time, when there are console exclusives I want to play, I'm gonna fucking suck it up and play them on the consoles because my desire to play them far outweighs my disdain towards consoles.

Offline EtanMoonstar

« Reply #12 on: 09/10/14, 07:07 PM »
My two cents: gaming-quality PC + Wii U = play every game I'm interested in playing.
You want to burst them instead of having to stack DP via FoK with Ass!

Offline Altair

• Stone Told Steve Austin
  • Officer
« Reply #13 on: 09/10/14, 07:40 PM »
My two cents: gaming-quality PC + Wii U = play every game I'm interested in playing.

This about sums my position up
"I ain't talkin' about chicken n' gravy biatch." ~ Zonty, 2015

Offline Haseo

• Switches to Adds
  • *Throws Keyboard*
« Reply #14 on: 09/10/14, 07:41 PM »
I agree with the PC master race. But at the same time, when there are console exclusives I want to play, I'm gonna fucking suck it up and play them on the consoles because my desire to play them far outweighs my disdain towards consoles.

Amen!
While I do enjoy my PC games, I still love my console games as well.

Offline Zonty

• Resident Tromboner
« Reply #15 on: 09/10/14, 08:08 PM »
I don't understand how a pc masterrace comment applies when a game is console only. That's like Mina asking whether you like cats or dogs and Fendal yelling "POTATOS"
When I show up to raid nights I am there to have fun, not to have a tantrum-prone, know-it-all diva decide to show up on some nights and detract from my enjoyment of raiding.

Offline Zebrix

• Council
« Reply #16 on: 09/10/14, 08:47 PM »
I just put in my order for the XBox One. With 2 day shipping, I'm hoping it might get here Friday or Saturday and I can dedicate the weekend to Destiny (buying the Digital Guardian edition with the $50 gift card that comes with the console, yay).

Pretty sure that I already have Nix as a friend on my XBL account, but for anyone else who wants to add me, the gamertag is "qB4N3".

Offline Haseo

• Switches to Adds
  • *Throws Keyboard*
« Reply #17 on: 09/11/14, 05:48 PM »
I don't understand how a pc masterrace comment applies when a game is console only. That's like Mina asking whether you like cats or dogs and Fendal yelling "POTATOS"

Cause people typically assume hyped games like this will inevitably make it onto the PC.

Offline Nixorrell

• Administrator
  • Nix#1605
« Reply #18 on: 09/11/14, 07:49 PM »
I'm sure Destiny 2: Electric Boogaloo will be on Steam.

Offline Minatron

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: 09/11/14, 07:56 PM »

Don't forget mario kart, the game is really good!
Battletag: Haleaux#1145

Offline Zonty

• Resident Tromboner
« Reply #20 on: 09/11/14, 08:09 PM »
Cause people typically assume hyped games like this will inevitably make it onto the PC.

I don't know. I got cod:ghosts for pc and it wasn't nearly as enjoyable as previous versions on my Xbox.  Regardless I will probably be picking up a xbone and destiny in the next day or two.
When I show up to raid nights I am there to have fun, not to have a tantrum-prone, know-it-all diva decide to show up on some nights and detract from my enjoyment of raiding.

Offline Spacejam

• Cancer Incarnate
« Reply #21 on: 09/11/14, 08:17 PM »
cod isn't really a pc game, especially the non-treyarch versions (except cod4, that shit is amazing)

Quote from: 'Blizzard - August 2016'
This time around there won't be a content drought.

Offline Zebrix

• Council
« Reply #22 on: 09/12/14, 12:23 AM »
Nix, Aub, what's the shakedown on these Destiny classes? What do you guys play and what do you like about it? My XBox is coming in tomorrow and I'm trying to plan out ahead of it a little bit. Kinda caught up between Warlock and Titan at the moment. Would like to go with Titan but these types of "tank" classes tend to have a shallow, unskilled, brute force aspect to them in shooters. Did Bungie fall into that trap or is it actually adequately challenging enough to be fun?

Offline Nixorrell

• Administrator
  • Nix#1605
« Reply #23 on: 09/12/14, 11:29 AM »
I play Titan. I'll save the mechanical explanations for all the better guides and resources and share how it feels to me.

Titan can take a lot of damage, for starters. The default Striker class is like.. I dunno, Diablo barbarian or something. I just run around punching people in the dick with Storm Fist and watching them explode into little electrified bits, and when Fist of Havoc is up, everybody's getting their dicks AoE'd off into tinier electrified bits. As a huge Halo gameplay fan, I love it. My current loadout is a scout rifle for normal weapon, shotgun for special, and machine gun for heavy. So I guess yes, brute force all day every day.

Regarding Defender, active at level 15, it's mostly the same except the focus is shifted slightly to include offensive and defensive buffs for both yourself and others. The grenades are a little different, Storm Fist becomes an ability that gives you a shield  that absorbs damage and can provide other self buffs when you kill enemies, and Fist of Havoc becomes Ward of Dawn which is like a WoW priest bubble that can give various buffs to you and allies depending on how you spec it.

For both subclasses, you have two choices from sets of three codexes to tailor your 3 stats how you want, so there's a little flexibility. And of course, each subclasses synergy skills and stuff pertain to the subclass-specific abilities. Main goal is killing shit FPS-style, regardless of what you do.

Also, last I read from someone on reddit, once you unlock the lvl 15 subclass with one character, future characters can pick their subclass from the get-go regardless of each class they are -- pretty nifty.

It'll be nice to actually have a strike team of non-randos. We just have to catch up to Tryhardbrum, who's like level 20 plus however much light be now.
« Last Edit: 09/12/14, 11:48 AM by Nixorrell »

Offline Zebrix

• Council
« Reply #24 on: 09/12/14, 11:43 AM »
Quote from: Nixorrell
Also, last I read from someone on reddit, once you unlock the lvl 15 subclass with one character, future characters can pick their subclass from the get-go regardless of each class they are -- pretty nifty.

This is nifty. Sounds like they're really encouraging having multiple characters. I also read that you're not locked into a subclass -- that is, once unlocked, you can swap your character from one to the other. Kinda takes away the pressure to pick the right shit the first time round.
« Last Edit: 09/12/14, 12:06 PM by Zebrix »