Rank 8
SILVER HAND
Rank 4630
U.S [EN]

Author Topic: Hunters  (Read 17621 times)

Offline Fortyz

• On a scale of 1 to yellow, fuck you!
Hunters
« on: 06/21/13, 08:16 AM »
•Readiness now finishes the cool downs on Rapid Fire, Feign Death, Deterrence, Disengage, and Camouflage when activated (was all Hunter abilities with a base cool down of less than 5 minutes).

Woke up to that on MMO this morning. After the recent nerf to a big burst damage 5 minute CD (stampede) and now this, I think Bliz is going over the top.
TBH I'm sick of these PVP nerfs that already have and with this, will significantly more affect our damage. Here was a blue response on twitter as the reason why:

Having 3 “trinkets” was definitely messy; I think hunters really needed this change. We just need to make sure that this isn’t one of those cases where something was so overpowered that its removal means we have to buff it somewhere else to keep everything in balance.
Feedback from the PTR will be very important at this stage, if you have the time please do tell us what you think, is there a need to compensate for this nerf somewhere else, or is there any other class/ability that you think might be flying under our radar?

They don't take into affect it resets other things like crows, glaive toss, explosive, but instead of making a simple pvp change (which they could have should have done with stampede) they are going to do an across the board nerf with no buffs elsewhere to make up for damage because apparently resetting your DPS CD's doesn't affect DPS.

DONT LET ME FORGET, no more interrupt for hunters unless you play the lowest dps spec which happens to be the worst pvp spec.
« Last Edit: 11/24/13, 07:46 PM by Fortyz »

Offline Nechahira

Re: new 5.4 Hunter Nerfs
« Reply #1 on: 06/21/13, 08:28 AM »
I really liked how Rift dealt with PvP, and am curious why Blizzard never implemented something similar. Basically there was a PvP skill set and a PvE skill set. Could easily balance one without nerfing the other.

Offline Zebramints

« Reply #2 on: 06/21/13, 12:51 PM »
As they've been saying about the huge lock changes "it's early in the PTR cycle"
Quote from: Shazzia
Think like this is a Medal of Honor given to warriors in the Vietnam War. How would you feel if a year later, these Medal of Honors is also given away to children for completing a 20-bit puzzle in pre-school?

Guy talking about getting Firelord post 4.3

<3 MMO-C

Offline Radzeal

• der Führer
  • Council
« Reply #3 on: 06/21/13, 02:03 PM »
•Readiness now finishes the cool downs on Rapid Fire, Feign Death, Deterrence, Disengage, and Camouflage when activated (was all Hunter abilities with a base cool down of less than 5 minutes).

Woke up to that on MMO this morning. After the recent nerf to a big burst damage 5 minute CD (stampede) and now this, I think Bliz is going over the top.
TBH I'm sick of these PVP nerfs that already have and with this, will significantly more affect our damage. Here was a blue response on twitter as the reason why:

Having 3 “trinkets” was definitely messy; I think hunters really needed this change. We just need to make sure that this isn’t one of those cases where something was so overpowered that its removal means we have to buff it somewhere else to keep everything in balance.
Feedback from the PTR will be very important at this stage, if you have the time please do tell us what you think, is there a need to compensate for this nerf somewhere else, or is there any other class/ability that you think might be flying under our radar?

They don't take into affect it resets other things like crows, glaive toss, explosive, but instead of making a simple pvp change (which they could have should have done with stampede) they are going to do an across the board nerf with no buffs elsewhere to make up for damage because apparently resetting your DPS CD's doesn't affect DPS.

DONT LET ME FORGET, no more interrupt for hunters unless you play the lowest dps spec which happens to be the worst pvp spec.

Some of the class design decisions coming out don't make much sense to me. I wouldn't sweat it, dude; they retro'd the basic functionality of KJC for locks after they lost their shit for like 150 consecutive hours on the forums, and I'd safely guess that the same will likely happen here.
Battletag: Radz#1808

Offline Spacejam

• Cancer Incarnate
« Reply #4 on: 06/21/13, 03:09 PM »
This better not make it to live, fucking retards.

Quote from: 'Blizzard - August 2016'
This time around there won't be a content drought.

Offline Radzeal

• der Führer
  • Council
« Reply #5 on: 06/21/13, 03:11 PM »
Also, at least you have a shaman backup~

Offline Spacejam

• Cancer Incarnate
« Reply #6 on: 06/21/13, 03:15 PM »
AND I GET TO QUIT THE GAMEEEEEEEE

Offline Fortyz

« Reply #7 on: 06/21/13, 06:03 PM »
Also, at least you have a shaman backup~

my thoughts exactly. Im going hard in the mother fucking paint with my shaman.

Offline Spacejam

• Cancer Incarnate
« Reply #8 on: 06/21/13, 09:02 PM »
who wants to pay for my spriest transfer

Raid Ready

Offline Fortyz

« Reply #9 on: 06/21/13, 11:18 PM »
who wants to pay for my spriest transfer

Raid Ready

@ Space: That's funny man bot honestly im on the same page as you. If this was a single nerf and they hadn't changed stampede or fucked us out of an interrupt, id be sour but live with it. As it stands now though, its bullshit. Also the fact that this is A) a PVP inspired nerf (as was stampede) and B) They don't think they need to compensate anywhere else as this wont affect dps.

@ Zebra : There were over 200 pages on just one of the lock threads regarding KJC changes and the whole wow community (even non warlocks) were saying there original planned change was garbage. A side note the KJC change was not pvp inspired. There are no large threads or uprising about this hunter change (as I think some of them forget this is our only other 5 minute CD and it is by far the most important) and that CD is about to get trashed, Because of BM PVP.

Offline Radzeal

• der Führer
  • Council
« Reply #10 on: 06/21/13, 11:32 PM »
I think it'll be compensated or reverted, I wouldn't worry about it too much. What I will tell folks, in a less jovial tone than I did earlier in this thread and 30 times every raid night, is to level an alt; check sims, stay up to date on patch changes and power trends, and make an informed choice that you will enjoy if your class/spec gets shit on. Depth is what keeps guilds like ours afloat through rough recruiting times, and that depth is how we crushed ass in DS in particular.

Offline EtanMoonstar

« Reply #11 on: 06/22/13, 01:36 AM »
Definite crap for you guys, hope they fix it before sending it live. I've dealt with PvP-caused nerfs before too, and it sucks ass. >_<
You want to burst them instead of having to stack DP via FoK with Ass!

Offline Spacejam

• Cancer Incarnate
« Reply #12 on: 06/22/13, 02:41 AM »
They don't think they need to compensate anywhere else as this wont affect dps.

If they actually think that then they shouldn't be designing games. How does not being able to time it to be able to cast an extra explosive shot not nerf dps. Especially with high stacks on my renataki+juju up+pot, that's a pretty decent chunk of damage lost on my opening burst. not to mention it doesn't reset crows, dire beast, or lynx rush (even though the latter two really aren't used).

It's just ridicuous. Readiness is such a cool ability in that it resets everything except stampede, so you can do some cool shit with it. With it being so limited is just such a shitty class design imo.

And @Radz, I'm really trying to level alts but it's really hard for me in that I already have 9 85+ toons, 8 of which are on my other server, and can't afford transfers for them. I usually get to 30 and just burn out on leveling, it's so boring especially with a class you already have.

Guess I'm stuck with the hunter, for now.
« Last Edit: 06/22/13, 02:42 AM by Spacejam »

Offline Fortyz

« Reply #13 on: 06/22/13, 08:03 AM »

Offline Spacejam

• Cancer Incarnate

Offline Fortyz

Offline Fortyz

« Reply #16 on: 07/01/13, 11:40 PM »
•Explosive Trap had its overall damage decreased by 30%. Proportionately, more damage has been removed from the initial damage than the periodic effect.

Keep it coming cock suckers, my shaman is almost DTF

Offline Spacejam

• Cancer Incarnate
« Reply #17 on: 07/02/13, 01:46 AM »
Literally just came here to post it.

Just random ass fucking nerfs for no reason...

Offline Zonty

• Resident Tromboner
« Reply #18 on: 07/02/13, 03:12 AM »
You people sure do complain alot.
When I show up to raid nights I am there to have fun, not to have a tantrum-prone, know-it-all diva decide to show up on some nights and detract from my enjoyment of raiding.

Offline Spacejam

• Cancer Incarnate
« Reply #19 on: 07/02/13, 05:39 PM »
http://www.warcrafthuntersunion.com/2013/06/button-homogenization-and-the-skill-gap/

Nice read on why "nerf random shit, buff arcane shot" doesn't help at all

Offline Fortyz

« Reply #20 on: 07/05/13, 11:52 AM »
•Glyph of Scattered Thoughts (NYI) Your Scatter Shot no longer Disorients the target, but now interrupts their spellcasts, preventing any spells in the same school from being cast for 4 sec, and Scatter Shot's range is increased by 0 yards.

Why the fuck cant they just give hunters a fucking baseline silence, this is still pointless because we would have to be in melee range to use it. Why is it so hard?

Offline Altair

• Stone Told Steve Austin
  • Officer
« Reply #21 on: 07/05/13, 01:02 PM »
FYI, when something says "increased by 0 yards" it means they're going to add in a range later, probably like 30 yards. They've never put "increased/decreased by" and then actually left 0 there, lol.
"I ain't talkin' about chicken n' gravy biatch." ~ Zonty, 2015

Offline Spacejam

• Cancer Incarnate
« Reply #22 on: 07/05/13, 04:10 PM »
I'd hope so, a 20 yard interrupt as ranged would be retarded. But hey, so much for the whole "glyphs only being cosmetic and not requirements anymore" thing.

Offline Radzeal

• der Führer
  • Council
« Reply #23 on: 07/05/13, 04:16 PM »
They totally dumped that idea based on the current PTR notes, and I don't really care either way. Easier to do it that way than overarching class changes that can wait until the next expansion push.

Offline Fortyz

« Reply #24 on: 07/09/13, 08:02 AM »
THERES SOME GOOD NEWS BOYS:

KEY :
GREEN=LOOKS LIKE A  FIX
COULD GO EITHER WAY
RED=WTFRUSERIOUS?!?!?!

STAMPEDE : Regarding Stampede: We’re happy with the damage it’s currently putting out in PvP. For PvE, we’re planning to buff its damage pretty heavily, so it becomes a substantially more potent DPS cooldown. We don’t want to give it any more utility than it has now, for reasons we’ve explained at length already.

READINESS : Readiness is still under heavy discussion, and we haven’t made a final decision on what we’re going to do with it in 5.4. At the moment, we’re leaning towards just removing the ability entirely and giving the affected abilities shorter cooldowns or charges to compensate. If we end up taking that route, we will buff Hunter damage (most likely across the board, not just specific abilities), but as I mentioned, we’re still discussing.

AMoC : A Murder of Crows vs Blink strike is also still under heavy discussion. Our goal (with all talents) is that active abilities used properly will outperform passive ones. We haven’t decided yet what adjustments we’ll make to achieve that in 5.4.

SILENCEING SHOT : Silencing Shot is no longer a talent and is now an ability that replaces Counter Shot for Marksman Hunters.

COUNTER SHOT (NEW) : Counter Shot is now a baseline interrupt ability learned by all Hunters at level 22.
-Thanks blizzard about fucking time only took you 4 expansions.

PET PATHING :Pet pathing errors are unfortunately extremely difficult to fix. A lot of the time, the problem isn’t with the pet AI but with the environment or encounter. That means there’s no blanket fix here; we have to resolve every such error individually
« Last Edit: 07/09/13, 04:00 PM by Fortyz »