Rank 4
SILVER HAND
Rank 3960
U.S [EN]

Author Topic: MoP: Warlock Races  (Read 3581 times)

Offline ImpX

MoP: Warlock Races
« on: 01/09/13, 11:29 AM »
Scouting some thoughts...first time horde... (In the subject of picking an appropriater race) my raider mind tells me Orc but my inner child (in me) tells me Goblin..... your thoughts...

Offline Criph

• ╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
  • Council
  • “But I never fall,” he said, falling.
Re: MoP: Warlock Races
« Reply #1 on: 01/09/13, 12:19 PM »
Orc is going to give you better damage racials, like the +2% to pet damage and the Blood Fury cooldown that syncs well with Dark Soul (before 4pc).  There's also a neat trick in that when you use a Wand as an Orc you get an extra 1% hit rating, because of the Axe Specialization passive and the expertise conversions now.

Goblin has a lot of general benefits, like the rocket jump and mobile bank, and it's +1% haste helps you out at lower gear levels when trying to hit a haste threshold.

I'd say play what you like, given none of these racials are game-changing.  If you're just going for strongest, I'd say Orc.
« Last Edit: 01/09/13, 12:21 PM by Criph »

Offline Zebramints

« Reply #2 on: 01/09/13, 01:15 PM »
Don't transfer until you already have your legendary gem.
Quote from: Shazzia
Think like this is a Medal of Honor given to warriors in the Vietnam War. How would you feel if a year later, these Medal of Honors is also given away to children for completing a 20-bit puzzle in pre-school?

Guy talking about getting Firelord post 4.3

<3 MMO-C

Offline ImpX

« Reply #3 on: 01/09/13, 01:58 PM »
Yeah I probably go Goblin first just for the fun factor (since is my first Horde experience) and maybe switch later for DPS purposes. The Xfer was processed last night I just need to log on and complete the faction change and setup my UI.

Also, since I could only transfer 50K gold I will need to scout the AH for pot/flask mats.

Offline Radzeal

• der Führer
  • Council
« Reply #4 on: 01/09/13, 03:10 PM »
Sanies picks them up for dirt cheap on alliance side, so get in touch with him if you ever need anything.
Battletag: Radz#1808