Rank 8
SILVER HAND
Rank 4626
U.S [EN]

Author Topic: Nand's election day advice:  (Read 1100 times)

Offline Nandladin

Nand's election day advice:
« on: 11/05/12, 09:21 PM »
Bet against your candidate.

I've done this in every election since Bush vs. Gore, and it's assured me a happy outcome. Here's how I see it:

1) Imagine God, Allah or a flying spaghetti monster were to appear before you and offer to use super divine powers to magically rig the election so your candidate would win... for a cost. What amount of money would you pay to ensure you candidate wins? Remember - you control the fate of the world.

2) Take that amount and bet it against your candidate. In EQ, this meant me betting between 50 and 100k platinum. In WoW, it was closer to 20-30k gold. It was never hard to find a guildmate to agree to the wager.

3a) If your candidate wins, you are in a good mood. You can pretend that the divine transaction actually happened and, as a satisfied customer, pay your debt.

3b) Your candidate lost. That fucking sucks. But hey, at least you made a fuckton of cash/gold/sex/whatever.

As humans, many of us are trained to look on the bright side of life (queue Life of Brian whistling). This method ensures you have something to be happy about. It also works with sporting events (I happily paid $200 when my Mavericks won the championship in '11). Anyways, every time I've done this, win or lose, I've been satisfied, and it helps negate the emotional attachment.

And that's all I've got, yo.~

Offline Nixorrell

• Administrator
  • Nix#1605
Re: Nand's election day advice:
« Reply #1 on: 11/05/12, 11:25 PM »
I always bet on Duke.

Offline Zonty

• Resident Tromboner
« Reply #2 on: 11/06/12, 01:35 AM »
Nand isnt that about the same as betting someone $100 you wont jerk off for a week?
When I show up to raid nights I am there to have fun, not to have a tantrum-prone, know-it-all diva decide to show up on some nights and detract from my enjoyment of raiding.

Offline Zebramints

« Reply #3 on: 11/06/12, 02:14 AM »
I always bet on Duke.

A solid bet, they rape.
Quote from: Shazzia
Think like this is a Medal of Honor given to warriors in the Vietnam War. How would you feel if a year later, these Medal of Honors is also given away to children for completing a 20-bit puzzle in pre-school?

Guy talking about getting Firelord post 4.3

<3 MMO-C

Offline Criph

• ╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
  • Council
  • “But I never fall,” he said, falling.
« Reply #4 on: 11/06/12, 09:04 AM »
Nand isnt that about the same as betting someone $100 you wont jerk off for a week?

From Zonty's forthcoming NYT bestseller, "The TL;DR of Life."

Offline Altair

• Stone Told Steve Austin
  • Officer
« Reply #5 on: 11/06/12, 07:55 PM »
Everything out of Zonty's keyboard became at least 5x funnier after I heard his voice for the first time, and could read everything he posts in that tone.
"I ain't talkin' about chicken n' gravy biatch." ~ Zonty, 2015

ThermQT

« Reply #6 on: 11/06/12, 08:51 PM »
is it weird I wouldnt mind Zonty shoutcasting for me while having sex?

Offline Zinien

« Reply #7 on: 02/24/13, 07:57 PM »

This is one of the best examples of NAND logic i've seen in awhile. No truth table needed.

Thank you
Josh Marshall