Rank 7
SILVER HAND
Rank 4307
U.S [EN]

Author Topic: Diablo 1.04 is today and wow  (Read 2552 times)

Offline Solkanar

• 200 proof
Diablo 1.04 is today and wow
« on: 08/21/12, 06:55 AM »
Just read the patch notes. Havent logged onto the game in forvever but WOW. Can level again, nerfing inferno, reducing repair costs by 25% and sooooo much more. Definately going to play some this week before 5.0

Offline Criph

• ╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
  • Council
  • “But I never fall,” he said, falling.
Re: Diablo 1.04 is today and wow
« Reply #1 on: 08/21/12, 07:43 AM »
« Last Edit: 08/22/12, 04:26 PM by Criph »

Offline Nixorrell

• Administrator
  • Nix#1605
« Reply #2 on: 08/21/12, 08:59 AM »
I'm going to be Zeb here: I'm not gonna be playing, just so you know.

Patch 1.04 is too late to save it in my eyes, especially with GW2 around the corner. Plus, I'm STILL waiting on my pvp and the social elements that made D2 that much more fun.

Offline EtanMoonstar

« Reply #3 on: 08/21/12, 09:29 AM »
Yeah, the 1.0.4 changes look promising, but at this point I've got too much on my plate to let it suck me back into D3.  I'll continue to let the account idle until the inevitable expansion, most likely.
You want to burst them instead of having to stack DP via FoK with Ass!

Offline Zebrix

• Good-for-Nothing Officer
  • Council
  • Battletag: Zeb#1646
« Reply #4 on: 08/21/12, 12:10 PM »
I'm going to be Zeb here: I'm not gonna be playing, just so you know.
I never went past halfway through Act 2 Inferno. With better tuned difficulty, those repair costs fixed and the paragon system in place, I might actually go back and finish Inferno at some point if I'm really bored.

But even then, the game is over for me at that point. I'm a content driven gamer with not much interest in PvP. My Barbarian will be shelved until the expansion pack, at which point I get to debate whether it has enough content to earn my business (questionable).

Offline Toma

« Reply #5 on: 08/21/12, 05:04 PM »
Here I was thinking "Oh cool, I have a bucher's sickle so I'll be able to play around with that new effect they gave it", but no. The effect isn't on my sickle. :/

Anyway, I think I'm going to play through inferno, now, things seem to be much better than they were.

Offline Radzeal

• der Führer
  • Council
« Reply #6 on: 08/21/12, 06:53 PM »
My twin tornado barb is damn near invulnerable; I did a full act3 clear and died one time out in the field to a mean pack of those herald of pestilence champs, and it wouldn't have happened if I had been doing anything more than pressing 2 buttons at that point. I'm a bit into paragon level 2 right now on him, level 1 on my DH, and quite frankly the game is even easier now than it was after the last balancing patch (same exact spec then and now, mind you).
Battletag: Radz#1808

Offline Antheia

« Reply #7 on: 08/22/12, 01:49 PM »
@zeb - let me know when you want to finish - id be game

Offline Solkanar

• 200 proof
« Reply #8 on: 08/22/12, 04:51 PM »
So I got to spend some time on diablo last night. It is so stupid easy now. TOO EASY. I havent been online in several patches but I just did act two, which wasnt bad before. I i was just facerolling it, barely kiting, half awake and didnt die. Took on two rare packs at one point and didnt even realize it until I saw gold and blue . Ill try out act 3 tomm but I have a feeling they over nerfed the shit out of it

Offline Zebramints

« Reply #9 on: 08/22/12, 08:22 PM »
The whole paragon level thing bothers me. Not needing to every worry about MF is just going to be retarded and adding additional stats to your toon is retarded as well. I guess it just goes to show how the "typical" gamer has changed in the past 12 years if this is what they're asking for.
Quote from: Shazzia
Think like this is a Medal of Honor given to warriors in the Vietnam War. How would you feel if a year later, these Medal of Honors is also given away to children for completing a 20-bit puzzle in pre-school?

Guy talking about getting Firelord post 4.3

<3 MMO-C

Offline Radzeal

• der Führer
  • Council
« Reply #10 on: 08/23/12, 04:09 AM »
The act3 mobs can still be real fags sometimes. For example, I had a hulking phasebeast pack with desecrate, arcane, molten, plague, as a melee. Certainly manageable now, but even after the first balance patch that would have been a "lol, skip" pack.

Offline Nixorrell

• Administrator
  • Nix#1605
« Reply #11 on: 08/23/12, 08:56 AM »
Am I the only one who still thinks Inferno is a piece of shit? I went back to Act 1 to re-familiarize myself, and spent about 30 minutes straight wiping to the Butcher (not counting the many, many deaths on the way), only to get two ass-iLvl rares.

And all the builds/strats I see on the forums are essentially, "Just buy 500,000,000g / $80 worth of gear and this spec makes it easy, bro! xD" Shit might a well be telling me that to make my Kia run a faster 1/4 mile, all I have to do is buy a Z06... I put $20 up for the AH, so maybe I can get a pair of decent 1H Xbow legendaries with life on hit, since that seems to be absolutely mandatory to survive now.

Offline Antheia

« Reply #12 on: 08/23/12, 10:52 AM »
me and rad were running shit last night - inferno is certainly hard, but not impossible - you just need to specced right and geared right.  If you havnt farmed act 3/4 of hell a couple times, you are going to have problems in inferno end act1 and for sure in act 2

Offline Radzeal

• der Führer
  • Council
« Reply #13 on: 08/23/12, 01:22 PM »
You just need a bit of gear, Nix. Certainly not 500mill worth.

SS/lingering, Shadow power/gloom, Bat, prep/backup plan, hungering/devouring, cluster/loaded for bear.

Run that spec and just shit on stuff. I run scoundrel w/ a cold bow for slows, the damage doesn't matter as he is just there for basic CC.

For butcher you've just gotta time SS for the hooks and stay far enough away to avoid the chains. Try to keep him left/right rather than top/down; you have more room to work with that way, and you can outrange his shit most of the time.

My problem with our run last night, Anth, was that I couldn't kill the shit during my CD with the double HP pool, which meant all of those runners and jailers gave us much more of a hard time than I have alone. My gear is worth maybe 20 million aside from one crazy ring that I actually looted and is worth much more than the rest combined, and I absolutely steamroll even act3 with the fucked up mob types by myself. Act1 I don't even have to stop running; sprint tornadoes kill everything, even champs. The gear needed for act1 is much lower than it used to be, but it is still a big jump from Hell.

I've given away a shitton of stuff over the past few days, but if I get anything else good for a DH I'll throw it your way, Nix. It doesn't take much, like I said, and a simple weapon upgrade and a bit of vit/res/dex gear will make your runs much more enjoyable. I remember the brick wall feeling; it wasn't terribly enjoyable.

Offline Nixorrell

• Administrator
  • Nix#1605
« Reply #14 on: 08/23/12, 01:56 PM »
The main issue is I just need more HP and resists, seeing as The Butcher's fanned chains thing basically one-shots me. Some LoH too, since every pack seems to be reflect damage. I'm planning on picking up two Dawns, or a Manticore or something once my money goes through on the AH, for starters.

One of the better DH tactics right now involves using Vault with the Trail of Cinders rune, since it does fucking 1500% damage in a 3 second AOE currently (it's pretty hilarious), and the buffed Multishot with Suppression for disc regen. Some cluster arrow + cluster bomb shit too, as well as Sentry + Chains of Torment. Stuff dies pretty well with that right now for me, and I'll prolly add Smoke Screen again --- but I just can't take any hits cause I have like 17K HP, pretty much no resists, and no LoH, which the strategy relies on to survive in addition to high enough survivability to not get one-shot.
« Last Edit: 08/23/12, 02:04 PM by Nixorrell »

Offline Altair

• Stone Told Steve Austin
  • Officer
« Reply #15 on: 08/23/12, 03:44 PM »
I remember when I was the only guy using a scoundrel purely for CC when everyone first starting playing; everyone was too busy jizzing over the enchantress and was convinced that the scoundrel sucked.

BUT I LOVED THAT BASTARD
"I ain't talkin' about chicken n' gravy biatch." ~ Zonty, 2015

Offline Criph

• ╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
  • Council
  • “But I never fall,” he said, falling.
« Reply #16 on: 08/23/12, 04:33 PM »