Rank 4
SILVER HAND
Rank 3731
U.S [EN]

Author Topic: Well that was fun.  (Read 7600 times)

Offline Zebramints

Re: Well that was fun.
« Reply #50 on: 06/03/12, 06:46 PM »

want
Quote from: Shazzia
Think like this is a Medal of Honor given to warriors in the Vietnam War. How would you feel if a year later, these Medal of Honors is also given away to children for completing a 20-bit puzzle in pre-school?

Guy talking about getting Firelord post 4.3

<3 MMO-C

Offline Radzeal

• der Führer
  • Council
« Reply #51 on: 06/03/12, 09:35 PM »
This is why I rerolled DH:

Battletag: Radz#1808

Offline Criph

• ╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
  • Council
  • “But I never fall,” he said, falling.
« Reply #52 on: 06/03/12, 09:49 PM »
want

Can barely see the character behind all of that shit.  A 3-accross configuration would make so much more sense.

This is why I rerolled DH:

Did he seriously greeting-card his b.net password?

Offline Nixorrell

• Administrator
  • Nix#1605
« Reply #53 on: 06/03/12, 09:49 PM »
That's just the now-nerfed DH version of the Monk exploit he was using, and also a good example of why it was fixed.

Still, it must be nice to have access to infinite gold to get whatever items. Seriously, I'm seeing fucking 9-figure gold buyouts for shit on the AH.
« Last Edit: 06/03/12, 09:56 PM by Nixorrell »

Offline Efn

« Reply #54 on: 06/03/12, 09:52 PM »

want
Just use black duct tape to put a grid on your existing monitor and sit really close to it.  Both methods result in the same shitty gaming experience.  :)

Offline Criph

• ╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
  • Council
« Reply #55 on: 06/03/12, 09:57 PM »
Trailer-park display.  I can't imagine anything much more comfortable than what I have, honestly.  Maybe a bit larger, 30", but I don't like to sit that far back.

Offline Toma

« Reply #56 on: 06/12/12, 02:16 PM »
http://imgur.com/a2eiI

pretty much how I feel every time I play my monk.

Offline Criph

• ╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
  • Council
« Reply #57 on: 06/12/12, 03:01 PM »
Those RMAH prices.  $250 1k DPS mace.  Yeah, I'll get right on that.

Offline Toma

« Reply #58 on: 06/12/12, 03:07 PM »
Those RMAH prices.  $250 1k DPS mace.  Yeah, I'll get right on that.

I just saw a onehander sell for 50$. This is going to be amazing for 1.03.

Offline EtanMoonstar

« Reply #59 on: 06/12/12, 03:50 PM »
A little perspective on video game difficulty (as insane as Inferno has been, I haven't yet felt this level of frustration with it):

You want to burst them instead of having to stack DP via FoK with Ass!

Offline Radzeal

• der Führer
  • Council
« Reply #60 on: 06/12/12, 05:37 PM »
Being able to skip some content, along with the fact that the game is a hilariously incomplete and buggy pile of shit, certainly decreases its inherent difficulty. The bosses are all incredibly simple, and most champion packs can be glitched via terrain abuse, pathing bugs, or spam zoning if you know what you're doing. Having said that, if you're playing the game heads up it remains more "difficult" than many other classic nightmare games; I could do the Battletoads surfing level in my sleep after 5 or 6 rentals on my dad's dime, as the only difficulty in games like that came from the muscle memory and rote memorization requirement. This game, pre-nerf, in appropriate gear was brutally hard, and currently it is pretty easy with the availability of act3+ gear for dirt cheap. And still they are nerfing the content further, in a system naturally made easier as better gear becomes readily available.

Offline Criph

• ╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
  • Council
« Reply #61 on: 06/13/12, 02:00 PM »
I couldn't help it.  Someone helped me jump ahead and get the Inferno pony staff plans, so I spent a mil and crafted it.  Holy shit.  I'm not even at half the damage I need to put a dent in this place.

And I've never been so afraid of teddy bears.

Offline EtanMoonstar

« Reply #62 on: 06/13/12, 03:15 PM »
If you go out in the woods today,
You'd better not go alone.
It's lovely out in the woods today,
But safer to stay at home.

For every bear that ever there was
Will gather there for certain, because
Today's the day the teddy bears have their picnic.

Offline Altair

• Stone Told Steve Austin
  • Officer
« Reply #63 on: 06/13/12, 03:54 PM »
Being able to skip some content, along with the fact that the game is a hilariously incomplete and buggy pile of shit, certainly decreases its inherent difficulty. The bosses are all incredibly simple, and most champion packs can be glitched via terrain abuse, pathing bugs, or spam zoning if you know what you're doing. Having said that, if you're playing the game heads up it remains more "difficult" than many other classic nightmare games; I could do the Battletoads surfing level in my sleep after 5 or 6 rentals on my dad's dime, as the only difficulty in games like that came from the muscle memory and rote memorization requirement. This game, pre-nerf, in appropriate gear was brutally hard, and currently it is pretty easy with the availability of act3+ gear for dirt cheap. And still they are nerfing the content further, in a system naturally made easier as better gear becomes readily available.

I'm still of the opinion the single worst mob in the history of gaming is the Red Arremer from the Ghosts 'n Goblins series.
"I ain't talkin' about chicken n' gravy biatch." ~ Zonty, 2015

Offline Niliamann

• Spinning Sack of Potatoes
« Reply #64 on: 06/13/12, 05:29 PM »
It's not like you needed your gold armor anyway.

Or your muscles, flesh, tissue, and everything else aside from your bones.

Offline Radzeal

• der Führer
  • Council
« Reply #65 on: 06/13/12, 06:20 PM »
I couldn't help it.  Someone helped me jump ahead and get the Inferno pony staff plans, so I spent a mil and crafted it.  Holy shit.  I'm not even at half the damage I need to put a dent in this place.

And I've never been so afraid of teddy bears.

You sad, sad man.

Offline Murathe

• Kobe Bryant
« Reply #66 on: 06/14/12, 05:28 AM »
I haven't logged in to D3 in almost 2 weeks now I think.

Is it any better than it was when I made this post?

Offline Zebrix

• Good-for-Nothing Officer
  • Council
  • Battletag: Zeb#1646
« Reply #67 on: 06/14/12, 06:15 PM »

I'm just playing through Act 2 Hell right now, so I can't comment on Inferno, but properly geared Barbarians are just fucking broken overpowered in Hell atm. I'm standing in everything all day long, not giving a rats ass about how many desecrations there are under me, and wailing at shit without concern. It's kinda stupid how easy Hell is right now compared to my initial expectations.

Part of it I think is that AH is really saturated atm. There's a lot of really good leveling up gear available for dirt cheap that wasn't before. So I'm kinda having an easy time.

Offline EtanMoonstar

« Reply #68 on: 06/14/12, 07:28 PM »
Hell was pretty easy, yar; as melee, you'll find a BIG gear-up cliff for each act of Inferno (currently for my monk Act I is easy-mode, Act II is still challenging, but doable, and Act III is like smashing my face into a wall--current upgrades run me at least 500k on the auction house per piece, and I can't seem to sell almost anything for more than 50k or so).  Really looking forward to patch 1.03; until then, I'm mostly diverting myself by playing hardcore chars with a couple of old friends.

Offline Solkanar

• 200 proof
« Reply #69 on: 06/16/12, 02:56 AM »

Well Spent about 5 hours getting Belial down .He is a fucking cocksucker.

Now I am getting gang raped in Act three inferno. Managed to keep a 5 stack until second breached keep. Now just a WALL.

Game is kinda broken. Chained elites that jail you and teleport and one shot you. One shotted so many times regardless if I have force armor up which makes NO sense.

Offline EtanMoonstar

« Reply #70 on: 06/16/12, 03:05 AM »
I managed to clear the first two quests in Act III today, haven't gone down beneath the keep yet.  Most elite packs I had to pop invulnerability to last long enough to kite them into a corner where they wouldn't gank me after I respawned; there were two packs I actually managed to kill because the only elemental damage they did was mortar or lightning (both still killed me several times each).  Fucking impossible to get proper resist gear as melee--I'm stuck at 585, which is way too low for Act III, and that's using a mantra that I don't usually like just to get 20% more resist.  Finally sold my first 500k item (an amulet from Act II), went shopping on the ah, and couldn't find ANY armor upgrades for even 800k apiece. >_<

Edit: And yes, FUCK Belial--after finally getting past him on Inferno after a ton of wipes (both solo and finally with Grem's wizard to provide a bit of dps--kept having to rez him, though), I'd be very happy to never, ever fight him again.
« Last Edit: 06/16/12, 03:07 AM by EtanMoonstar »

Offline Criph

• ╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
  • Council
« Reply #71 on: 06/16/12, 09:20 AM »
One shotted so many times regardless if I have force armor up which makes NO sense.

They changed Force Armor not long after launch.  The absorb is now capped at 100% of your health, so you can still get easily one-shot without a lot of vitality.

Offline Solkanar

• 200 proof
« Reply #72 on: 06/16/12, 12:11 PM »
They changed Force Armor not long after launch.  The absorb is now capped at 100% of your health, so you can still get easily one-shot without a lot of vitality.

Well fuck me. Now that explains why I am getting one shot so much now. I read it and was like, F IT. Im not even going to bother with Vit and just stacked tons of INT and crit and went down to like 20k health. Guess I should readjust my gear again.

Offline EtanMoonstar

« Reply #73 on: 06/16/12, 04:32 PM »
Inferno Ghom as melee. FUCK. that. SHIT.

Offline Radzeal

• der Führer
  • Council
« Reply #74 on: 06/16/12, 06:04 PM »
When I brought some friends through that spot the ones playing melee didn't do anything the whole fight but go in circles and not stand on top of me. Also, I've hit both extremes on Belial: I did it with a 43k 800+ resist barb in act-appropriate gear (640dps 1h, no lie), and then a 9k hp 50 resist demon hunter. They were both terrible at the fight in their own ways, but I can tell you with certainty that not being able to take a single point of damage for the entire fight while also not having the burst to beat phase2 before 3 packs of snakes spawn was just awful. Doable, but terrible and demoralizing. By comparison act3 is a cakewalk as a range until keep depths and the towers leading to cydaea and assmodan.