Rank 8
SILVER HAND
Rank 4630
U.S [EN]

Author Topic: Well that was fun.  (Read 7890 times)

Offline Murathe

• Kobe Bryant
Well that was fun.
« on: 05/27/12, 03:23 AM »
Well I had a good time in Diablo until level 60.

Anyone else have a similar experience?
« Last Edit: 05/27/12, 03:01 PM by Nixorrell »

Offline Altair

• Stone Told Steve Austin
  • Officer
Re: Well that was fun.
« Reply #1 on: 05/27/12, 03:48 AM »
Reported for making a topic in the wrong sub-forum.
"I ain't talkin' about chicken n' gravy biatch." ~ Zonty, 2015

Offline Murathe

• Kobe Bryant
« Reply #2 on: 05/27/12, 03:49 AM »
Reported for making a topic in the wrong sub-forum.

Hello??

Are you there??

Offline Altair

• Officer
« Reply #3 on: 05/27/12, 04:04 AM »

Offline Radzeal

• der Führer
  • Council
« Reply #4 on: 05/27/12, 12:10 PM »
I have had maybe the most cruel experience thus far: I felt comfortable going into act 2 after a complete single-session farm of act1 with almost no difficulty, then wiped 14 times to the white trash before the non-minion enchantress even breaks the rock gate thing getting you out of that pass in Caldeum. Admittedly I had lost my minion because someone joined and left the game, but it took me 20 minutes to kill 5 wasps who weren't even elite. oh, then I got out of there and very easily killed a blue fallen pack and was like "holy shit, I can totally do act2" and proceeded to get farmed by a blue wasp pack for the next hour and a half. So yea, act 2, non-wizard, wutupblizzard.
« Last Edit: 05/27/12, 12:15 PM by Radzeal »
Battletag: Radz#1808

Offline Nixorrell

• Administrator
  • Nix#1605
« Reply #5 on: 05/27/12, 03:02 PM »
At least you can PvP with th... oh wait.

Well, at least you can make some money on the RMT... oh wait.

Oh, you can at least trade gear on the normal AH for g... oh wait, that's down/errors 90% of the time.
« Last Edit: 05/27/12, 03:06 PM by Nixorrell »

Offline EtanMoonstar

« Reply #6 on: 05/27/12, 10:40 PM »
Yeah, Murathe, immediately on hitting 60 my interest plummeted like a stone:

1. Take my monk across that last bridge, get my ass one-shotted by Izual, eventually beat Diablo on Hell so I can go on to more frustration in Inferno?

2. Farm for more magic item drops--oh wait, the last time I saw a goddamn thing that got me the least bit excited was around level 30.  Most of the shit I see gets vended because it won't even sell for 10k on the ah.

3. Farm gold so I can buy upgrades off the ah--oh wait, 9 million gold for any weapon on the first ten pages?

Fuck all that shit.  I HAVE been having fun casually leveling up other classes on normal mode with Kele, though.

Edit: Just feels to me that D2 had a lot more legs for continuing play--decent chance at good drops, gem upgrades that were worth doing, and I don't remember a plethora of fucking impossible-to-kill shit.
« Last Edit: 05/27/12, 10:42 PM by EtanMoonstar »
You want to burst them instead of having to stack DP via FoK with Ass!

Offline nuitra

« Reply #7 on: 05/27/12, 10:48 PM »
At one point, towards the end of D2, they made hell mode nearly impossible unless you had near perfect gear and leveled up to level 70+ for most classes, which was a huge time sink after about level 60 in act 5 in nightmare.  And some of the specs were pretty much totally worthless in hell mode too boot.  It's not a new problem in anyway for blizzard on the harder difficulty settings of Diablo games.

Offline EtanMoonstar

« Reply #8 on: 05/27/12, 11:01 PM »
I guess I just spent a lot more time pre-60 in D2--don't actually remember doing Hell mode in it because there was so much interesting stuff (productive item farming, gem upgrades, etc.) to do before Hell mode.

Offline Radzeal

• der Führer
  • Council
« Reply #9 on: 05/28/12, 06:37 AM »
It was possible to get right into hell Baal runs (they called them Taco Baal) in about an hour. You'd speed run somebody to Pindleskin and get them to like 85 in less time than it takes me to take a shit after going to a real Taco Bell. For a while I ditzed around in the lower level stuff in D2, but the vast majority of my time in that game was spent doing shit like this and farming for perfects/zods/uber Trist n'shit.

This game is on the completely opposite end of the difficulty spectrum, and my main complaint is that I have spent about 2 hours in Act2 now with what they would call "content appropriate gear" and I still can't kill 2 out of 5 packs I encounter. Not that it matters, but I can respec and kill most packs pretty easily, but that completely defeats the purpose of a game like this built around the valor buff. Anyway, every class right now has some -thing- that lets them get shit done quick and easy all the way to Inferno; for Barbs it is 50 million gold for a Stormshield/String of Ears/Justice Lantern/1k life on hit weap and amulet. I like to think I have a great deal of patience when it comes to farming, but when the farm itself is functionally impossible I begin to question the rationality of what I'm doing.
« Last Edit: 05/28/12, 06:39 AM by Radzeal »

Offline Nixorrell

• Administrator
  • Nix#1605
« Reply #10 on: 05/28/12, 12:33 PM »
It still feels like D2 was more about becoming ridiculously overpowered and destroying everything in your conquest for better equipment. Also some sweet PvP in the Blood Moor.

Now we have a shift to frustratingly unfair difficulty, which was starting to show on Hell already; One-hit-kill mode with 300+ ms latency and bullshit cheese enemies like leapers, lickers, and chargers? No thanks. Add to that BNet 2.0's complete lack of social features, no PvP as of yet, and a purported focus on driving everyone toward the RMTAH in some form ... I can't see D3 getting the 12 years that its predecessor got. But it was a fun enough experience, and if the alleged incoming tweaks are any good, who knows. Getting ~54 hours of it to date is definitely a good dollar/hour ratio for what most of us "paid."

For now, I just need to farm a couple hundred thousand more gold for the Hell Whimsyshire staff. That sounds like some decent farm territory to fuck around in.
« Last Edit: 05/28/12, 12:35 PM by Nixorrell »

Offline Radzeal

• der Führer
  • Council
« Reply #11 on: 05/28/12, 01:49 PM »
I think I'm just gonna get someone to carry me through inferno and we can start a whimsy farm there. Then again I guess I'll have time to go back to coop here soon when my pops leaves town on Wednesday, and coop basically feels mandatory to make substantive progress and actually kill elite packs from the point I'm at onward. I can kill shit, but it is horrible, slow, and I get level 54 blue weapons with 146dps for my trouble.

Offline Zebramints

« Reply #12 on: 05/28/12, 03:25 PM »
Quote from: Shazzia
Think like this is a Medal of Honor given to warriors in the Vietnam War. How would you feel if a year later, these Medal of Honors is also given away to children for completing a 20-bit puzzle in pre-school?

Guy talking about getting Firelord post 4.3

<3 MMO-C

Offline Sanies

• Brings All the Boys to the Yard
  • Council
« Reply #13 on: 05/28/12, 05:38 PM »
I must admit I'm a tad disappointed in Inferno, to many "boom you are dead through no fault of your own. RNG is a bitch" packs.  I am 100% fine with dying because I make a mistake or my skill choice is just silly.   But  Jailer/Waller/Mortar/Immune (or any other wacked out combo) isnt a challenge... it is ...
« Last Edit: 05/28/12, 05:40 PM by Sanies »
Battletag: Sanies#1423

Offline Murathe

• Kobe Bryant
« Reply #14 on: 05/28/12, 06:17 PM »
Seems basically everyone on these forums and on the general forums have come to a consensus that they did an embarrassingly bad job designing Inferno and the gear isn't nearly good enough to legitimately progress through the Acts without dropping millions of gold on gear from acts that are supposed to come after you're doing the one you're on.

Offline Criph

• ╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
  • Council
  • “But I never fall,” he said, falling.
« Reply #15 on: 05/28/12, 07:15 PM »

Perfect representation.  I think it is what they set out to make it, though, and I'm alright with that.  The drops and entire design of the AH and social aspects, on the other hand, are a bit depressing.

Offline Radzeal

• der Führer
  • Council
« Reply #16 on: 05/28/12, 10:09 PM »
I'm rerolling wizard or demon hunter when my pops leaves. My buddy has a displayed dps of 200k on his DH and can duo inferno act4 with his partner afk in town the whole time. Meanwhile, I haven't killed a rare pack since at least 1 or 2 subzones before Magdha. I have 850 resist all, 40k hp, and I get steamrolled worse than that kid in Sanies' gif. It's no big deal though: Kripparrian has no problem soloing inferno because he has 50 million gold worth of gear and shit talks about how all of the other barbs don't know what they are doing.

Offline Nixorrell

• Administrator
  • Nix#1605
« Reply #17 on: 05/28/12, 10:26 PM »
Demon Hunter.

You Have Died: The Class.

Offline Radzeal

• der Führer
  • Council
« Reply #18 on: 05/29/12, 02:57 AM »
laughable update: 5 stack magdha because I lost quest progress at some point today, 150 dps blue sword.

Offline EtanMoonstar

« Reply #19 on: 05/29/12, 06:03 AM »
My suspicion at this point is that they really just don't want anything good to drop for you, because then you'd be less tempted to go to the auction house (which, once real money goes live, gives Blizzard a 15% cut on transactions). The more paranoid among us note that names of sellers aren't listed on the auctions, which could theoretically allow Blizzard to mass list well-itemized gear and roll in the dough.

Offline Criph

• ╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
  • Council
  • “But I never fall,” he said, falling.
« Reply #20 on: 05/29/12, 07:32 AM »
Inferno Maggy is as far as I can progress solo at this point, i think.  Belial's phased serpent guards are beyond nasty.

Offline Nixorrell

• Administrator
  • Nix#1605
« Reply #21 on: 05/29/12, 11:08 AM »

Offline Radzeal

• der Führer
  • Council
« Reply #22 on: 05/29/12, 02:59 PM »
Inferno Maggy is as far as I can progress solo at this point, i think.  Belial's phased serpent guards are beyond nasty.

I had to cheat to get through there. Its funny that the white serpents there are harder even than most fucking blue packs in act2 up to that point.

Offline Radzeal

• der Führer
  • Council
« Reply #23 on: 05/29/12, 03:02 PM »

It's like you're in my head, man.

Offline Altair

• Officer
« Reply #24 on: 05/29/12, 03:03 PM »
scumbagdiablo.jpg

I knew you'd make something after I mentioned the template. I love you man.