Rank 6
SILVER HAND
Rank 3216
U.S [EN]

Author Topic: PSA: Elective Skill Mode  (Read 672 times)

Offline Nixorrell

• Administrator
  • Nix#1605
PSA: Elective Skill Mode
« on: 05/19/12, 05:39 PM »
I think this bears mentioning, as it seems like it may not be too common of knowledge.

You are not limited to the skill category available in each slot by default. If you turn on elective mode in the Gameplay options, you can put use any skill from any category in any slot (that isn't already chosen, of course).

For example: on my DH, the Hunting category is button 2 by default. However, I now have Hunting skills slotted on BOTH 2 and 3.
This may open up some new possibilities for you. I didn't know that you could use multiple skills from the same category like this until well into Act 1 Nightmare, because the options tooltip is sort of vague and just made it sound like you could only switch the skills to different buttons, but not that any category could go anywhere.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: 05/19/12, 06:09 PM by Nixorrell »

Offline Zebrix

• Good-for-Nothing Officer
  • Council
  • Battletag: Zeb#1646
Re: PSA: Elective Skill Mode
« Reply #1 on: 05/19/12, 05:54 PM »
What the fuck. You just changed my world view. D:

Offline Saberaen

« Reply #2 on: 05/19/12, 07:39 PM »
I had the same misconception. Just figured this out yesterday.

Offline EtanMoonstar

« Reply #3 on: 05/19/12, 07:43 PM »
Holy shit, so my monk can have both his become-invincible-and-heal-himself ability AND his heal-all-party-members ability? Fucking awesome!
You want to burst them instead of having to stack DP via FoK with Ass!

Offline Radzeal

• der F├╝hrer
  • Council
« Reply #4 on: 05/19/12, 08:08 PM »
Inferno is hard. There is lots of complaining that it is too hard, and they are right. There is also lots of complaining that the game is too easy because people killed Diablo on inferno already both solo and in 4p; these people are not right. The full-clear peeps corpse jumped through every single zone, bypassed nearly every pack. had good gear from the bugged chest in act 2 oasis, and took advantage of the fact that the act bosses are scripted and very easy.

A few pics of my brief adventure in Inferno.

http://imgur.com/a/rIsfp
Battletag: Radz#1808