Rank 6
SILVER HAND
Rank 3214
U.S [EN]

Author Topic: Groups, etc  (Read 2446 times)

Offline Radzeal

• der Führer
  • Council
Groups, etc
« on: 05/14/12, 11:47 AM »
After my initial playthrough I'm probably gonna be looking to group up with some folks and just do 4man through inferno if possible. I really want to enjoy the game on the initial run, take my time with the quest, enjoy the scenery, etc, but after that it'll be crunch time. That being said, I'm curious as to what class everyone is going to be playing; I'm leaning toward Wizard myself, though I might end up going monk. Nobody has any idea if there will be some "perfect" group comp, obviously, but I'd like to get some of you shitheads with whom I actually enjoy playing together and not double up on classes and shit.
Battletag: Radz#1808

Offline Toma

Re: Groups, etc
« Reply #1 on: 05/14/12, 12:23 PM »
I'll probably be rolling monk or demon hunter to start out with.

Offline Saberaen

« Reply #2 on: 05/14/12, 12:28 PM »
Very interested in this - miss playing with you guys.

I'm largely willing to work around what others intend to play - the only class I don't really have any interest in is Barbarian.

I'll be watching to see what others post. If you post when you make a final decision, Rad, I'll definitely pick differently from you.

Offline Zebramints

« Reply #3 on: 05/14/12, 12:43 PM »
I'm planning on going wizard. Very interested in grouping up for inferno.

Also don't forget to rebind your skills ingame to the numpad so you don't have to switch the little trigger on the bottom of the naga. Makes you play that much better :D
Quote from: Shazzia
Think like this is a Medal of Honor given to warriors in the Vietnam War. How would you feel if a year later, these Medal of Honors is also given away to children for completing a 20-bit puzzle in pre-school?

Guy talking about getting Firelord post 4.3

<3 MMO-C

Offline Nixorrell

• Administrator
  • Nix#1605
« Reply #4 on: 05/14/12, 12:49 PM »
I am playing Monk, or perhaps Demon Hunter. I have a big identity crisis in this game, since I was a Necro in D2, but don't feel the AIDS Doctor captures what I enjoyed about the class. Could go the hunter route like I usually do in MMOs, but Diablo is a different sort of beast for me, so who knows.

I am also looking for a solid group to run through to Inferno with as well.
Used to be a big-time D2 player, so naturally I'm looking to hit this stuff hard. It's a shame the job gets in the way until evenings.
« Last Edit: 05/14/12, 03:20 PM by Nixorrell »

Offline Criph

• ╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
  • Council
  • “But I never fall,” he said, falling.
« Reply #5 on: 05/14/12, 12:55 PM »
I've been leaning toward Monk for the initial play-through, but haven't really settled yet.  I could probably just pick something up based on group need.

I think Murathe is rolling Witch Doctor.

Offline Nixorrell

• Administrator
  • Nix#1605
« Reply #6 on: 05/14/12, 01:02 PM »
I've been leaning toward Monk for the initial play-through, but haven't really settled yet.  I could probably just pick something up based on group need.

I think Murathe is rolling Witch Doctor.

That's cause Murathe is a filthy niggard.

Offline Radzeal

• der Führer
  • Council
« Reply #7 on: 05/14/12, 01:03 PM »
Monks and wizards, all the way down.

Okay, well I'll take a peek at Barb then I guess.

Offline Saberaen

« Reply #8 on: 05/14/12, 01:08 PM »
Looking like Demon Hunter or Witch Doctor for me.

Offline Zebramints

« Reply #9 on: 05/14/12, 01:52 PM »
I'm with nix on this, HUGE d2 player, and i really want to bash my head on the inferno wall for a few weeks.

Make sure to save all your magic find gear, it'll make progress that much easier when we can start farming elites in hell to get that stacking buff
Quote from: Shazzia
Think like this is a Medal of Honor given to warriors in the Vietnam War. How would you feel if a year later, these Medal of Honors is also given away to children for completing a 20-bit puzzle in pre-school?

Guy talking about getting Firelord post 4.3

<3 MMO-C

Offline Murathe

• Kobe Bryant
« Reply #10 on: 05/14/12, 02:16 PM »
Yeah I'm probably going Witch Doctor first.

My top 3 I want to try are Witch Doctor, Wizard and Barbarian.

Offline Zebrix

• Good-for-Nothing Officer
  • Council
  • Battletag: Zeb#1646
« Reply #11 on: 05/14/12, 02:19 PM »
I'm definitely going Barbarian on the first run. Interested in the Witch Doctor too but I just wanna smash the living shit out of stuff in classic Diablo style. Plus, I played a Barbarian for years, pursuing a Whirlwind build on my way to the Immortal King set (which I never managed to completely finish up coz fuck drop rates). I'm going to go the same way for continuity's sake.

Offline Radzeal

• der Führer
  • Council
« Reply #12 on: 05/14/12, 02:27 PM »
I ran 2 or 3 barbs all the way up to around 85 and it was just so fucking bad compared to every single other class in d2 at that level. Like, whirlwind was super OP early on, but like frozen orb it just gets gutted in mid-late game. Meanwhile, javazon/bowazon, hammerdin with enigma, lightning sorc, etc all felt like you were an mma fighter in the ring with a few toddlers. The gameplay doesn't look compelling on barb to me, hence my initial interest in wiz/monk, but I'll give it a shot just because first playthrough whocarez.

Offline Zebrix

• Council
« Reply #13 on: 05/14/12, 02:51 PM »
You're pretty spot on with your Barb assessment. Whirlwind builds are crap at the very high end unless you are well on your way to an Immortal King completion. I was pretty close. You get absurd amounts of resistances out of that set, and the Maul not only requires next to no Dexterity (hence making a very high Strength build possible) but it also has every kind of damage on it, guaranteeing that there will be *nothing* immune to your attacks.

Most Barbs at that level who didn't want to put the absurd time into an IK set just went with a Concentrator build which wrecked everything you threw at it all the same. Was just a little less survivable, but certainly more flexible than an IK build in terms of gearing too.

Offline EtanMoonstar

« Reply #14 on: 05/14/12, 02:54 PM »
I'm definitely gonna be rolling monk--loved that class in the beta.
You want to burst them instead of having to stack DP via FoK with Ass!

Offline Radzeal

• der Führer
  • Council
« Reply #15 on: 05/14/12, 03:05 PM »
You're pretty spot on with your Barb assessment. Whirlwind builds are crap at the very high end unless you are well on your way to an Immortal King completion. I was pretty close. You get absurd amounts of resistances out of that set, and the Maul not only requires next to no Dexterity (hence making a very high Strength build possible) but it also has every kind of damage on it, guaranteeing that there will be *nothing* immune to your attacks.

Most Barbs at that level who didn't want to put the absurd time into an IK set just went with a Concentrator build which wrecked everything you threw at it all the same. Was just a little less survivable, but certainly more flexible than an IK build in terms of gearing too.

Eh, even with IK, even as -any- barb spec, they were just weaker than anything else the other classes could throw out there. Plus they couldn't MF for shit; meanwhile, essentially naked sorcs could MF like bosses, and I'm not even gonna go into the fucking stupid shit I did on my hammerdin.

Offline Nixorrell

• Administrator
  • Nix#1605
« Reply #16 on: 05/14/12, 03:28 PM »
Man, I'm fighting to decide what to play, the more I think about it. Upon careful reflection in my cubicle, I realize I'm not to sure what I want to be between Monk or Demon Hunter. My archetype of choice in RPGs is the ranger, and not a rogue/thief, but the demon hunter seems a bit of both. Monk is of course off-archetype, but I had some good fun with that class in beta. However, I didn't really try out DH much, so I don't know if its up my alley or not. Deeeecisionss...

Offline Sweatyfingrs

« Reply #17 on: 05/14/12, 03:37 PM »
I have never Played anything on pc other than wow and damnit this game is enticing me
The Great Saberaen - "Shit, lions are great because they eat Africans. They're like AIDS with fur."

Offline Zebrix

• Council
« Reply #18 on: 05/14/12, 03:40 PM »
Dude, go buy it. Right the fuck now.

Offline Murathe

• Kobe Bryant
« Reply #19 on: 05/14/12, 03:46 PM »
Yeah after careful consideration, definitely going with Witch Doctor.

Precipitatin' frogs.

Offline Nixorrell

• Administrator
  • Nix#1605
« Reply #20 on: 05/14/12, 03:50 PM »
Alright, I spent time meditating on which class and matching dish set defines me as a person.

I'm playing Demon Hunter. Final answer.

Offline Altair

• Stone Told Steve Austin
  • Officer
« Reply #21 on: 05/14/12, 03:52 PM »
I have no clue what i'm trying. Going to totally wing it. Though if past experiences serve, I'm probably going to end up picking the one with the coolest name, which would be Demon Hunter.
"I ain't talkin' about chicken n' gravy biatch." ~ Zonty, 2015

Offline Grizz

« Reply #22 on: 05/14/12, 05:26 PM »
Demon hunter,  Grizzled Adams will rise once again!

Offline Occultation

« Reply #23 on: 05/15/12, 02:47 AM »
Barb nigga. RAAAAAAGE

Offline Radzeal

• der Führer
  • Council
« Reply #24 on: 05/15/12, 03:09 PM »
Barbloblaw, attorney at assrape, would really like to play DiabloIII right now. What the fuck, Blizzard.