Rank 4
SILVER HAND
Rank 3959
U.S [EN]

Author Topic: Rbgs TWC?  (Read 3229 times)

Offline Dragonchicken

Rbgs TWC?
« on: 05/01/12, 10:00 PM »
I want to start a RBG team on Silverhand, please toss me an email at legoling38@gmail.com, or mail prikliedik in game, I want to get this team all on server, and to at least 2200 rating plz feel free to comment below or pst me in game
Tys
Prikliedik

Offline Murathe

• Kobe Bryant
Re: Rbgs TWC?
« Reply #1 on: 05/02/12, 01:40 PM »
at least 2200 rating

Not happening. Not only is 2.2k much too high to shoot for on Silver Hand, you're also Feral.

Did I mention you're Feral.

Spec Moonkin and try for a much more modest rating. You basically NEED to run a wizard DoT cleave to have any chance against anyone anymore. Moonkin/Warlock/Fire Mage/Caster (or DK)/Rogue/3 healers/flag carrier. Run that or lose basically every game.
« Last Edit: 05/02/12, 01:42 PM by Murathe »

Offline Sweatyfingrs

« Reply #2 on: 05/02/12, 01:42 PM »
To be fair, I have this guy tank for me all the time

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/cenarius/Hype/simple

but hes also like, a god and stuff
The Great Saberaen - "Shit, lions are great because they eat Africans. They're like AIDS with fur."

Offline Murathe

• Kobe Bryant
« Reply #3 on: 05/02/12, 01:45 PM »
To be fair, I have this guy tank for me all the time

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/cenarius/Hype/simple

but hes also like, a god and stuff

Pretty much one of the best Ferals in the game and not even 2400 because feral in RBG's is awful compared to Prot warrior. Catlol is the only feral I've ever seen do anything somewhat comparable to a prot warrior in Gilneas where he isn't a flag carrier. There's no substitute for Intervene and Heroic Leap.

I rest my case.
« Last Edit: 05/02/12, 01:47 PM by Murathe »

Offline Sweatyfingrs

« Reply #4 on: 05/02/12, 01:49 PM »
idk, theres a lot of strengths to druid tanks that really lack in warriors.  I would take Hype tanking for me over the best prot warrior anyday. 

True, you lose things like intervene and heroic leap.  But you gain a tank that cant have his second best defensive ability nulled by a disarm (Shield wall, I consider Last Stand/Enraged Regen combo the best)

You also never have to babysit a druid as he's going for the flag.  Stealth all the way up there, and then theres an increased probability for a speed cap if your group has the momentum and can withstand a graveyard farm for 1-2 rezzes before healers ooming. 
« Last Edit: 05/02/12, 01:56 PM by Sweatyfingrs »
The Great Saberaen - "Shit, lions are great because they eat Africans. They're like AIDS with fur."

Offline Murathe

• Kobe Bryant
« Reply #5 on: 05/02/12, 01:54 PM »
idk, theres a lot of strengths to druid tanks that really lack in warriors.  I would take Hype tanking for me over the best prot warrior anyday

Feral's cant leap out of a smoke bomb. What the fuck else matters, honestly? They all have the same survival, but Prot warrior is mobile. There is no tank with Prot warrior mobility. I've never ever seen a 2400 team use ANYTHING but a Prot warrior. Who knows though I haven't played in over a week, maybe Blizzard patched in a feral heroic leap and intervene and it's suddenly just as good.

Offline Sweatyfingrs

« Reply #6 on: 05/02/12, 01:59 PM »
Plenty matters.  Not every single game is a CTF.  I'd sit a feral defending a flag over a vulnerable as shit prot warrior any day as well, and if he needs to, he can do somewhat meaningful damage in that map instead of "Well ima just thunderclap on cooldown on top of this flag"

Offline Radzeal

• der Führer
  • Council
« Reply #7 on: 05/02/12, 02:02 PM »
prot warriors are awful for anything involving getting punched in the face, but their toolkit is so much larger and diverse than the other tanks. physical fear, cone stun, short cd hoj, leap, triple charge as prot dot dot dot

it' just stupid. it's like they split up all of that shit between all of the other tanks but left the rest on the warrior, and the only thing they had to pay for it was taking 50% more damage in PVE than every other tank.
Battletag: Radz#1808

Offline Sweatyfingrs

« Reply #8 on: 05/02/12, 02:04 PM »
TL:DR  - Yes, Prot warriors are #juan.  But Ferals have plenty of strengths in areas that warriors lack.  There's plenty of retards running around in the 2400 bracket.  Just look at my group or even fucking Shifty.

And fuck, there's even retards in the 2600 bracket too, have you ever had to play with Chimpoe?  I did last night, his target calling is so bad (non existent or he'll call a target standing off in Africa)  that we just started running double mage.

Offline Murathe

• Kobe Bryant
« Reply #9 on: 05/02/12, 02:51 PM »
In PvP the mitigation is basically the same for all the tanks (maybe not Blood DK's). Armor means nothing in PvP and hasn't since Wrath, it's the mobility that makes Prot warriors the only actual pvp tank. Cooldowns are what make you survive battles. Passive mitigation is worthless because no one touches the carrier until the army is dead unless it's a stealth team. They both have shield wall, both have last stand, both have a stun. Only a prot warrior has an aoe stun and 3 charges.

As for non-flag based games, Prot warrior is just as useful for guarding as a Feral is, and if you for some reason want to send them with your army, don't underestimate how annoying Prot warriors are on a clump of casters or healers. And feral damage is laughable in rateds, it's not even worth bringing up. They don't do aoe damage, and they don't lock down like rogues do, they're worthless as a cat. Not only are they melee, but they have no death grip or howling blast. You just turn around and MAKE him go bear with a single starsurge then you've got a less annoying prot warrior without aoe stuns.

I'm actually extremely surprised you think Feral dps is even worth mentioning in rateds Cheezy. Dk's and Rogues BARELY survive battles because they can become immune to all magic and get out if they need to. You know that. And plenty of teams don't even bring DK's, melee just is not worth it.

There are morons in every bracket, but that doesn't make Feral nearly as good as Prot warrior. In fact, it has nothing to do with skill. Prot is better in every way. I'd NEVER pick a Feral if I had even a 2300 prot warrior over a 2600 feral. They have the same major survival cooldowns when it comes to PvP, except one can leap out of smoke bomb and intervene to safety, and another can just die in the smoke bomb and have the other 9 players wonder why they picked a Feral druid.

This sounds a lot like the "bring Hunters to rateds because they're OK at node based games". That's real fuckin neato, except 50% of the map pool is NOT node based.
« Last Edit: 05/02/12, 03:03 PM by Murathe »

Offline Radzeal

• der Führer
  • Council
« Reply #10 on: 05/02/12, 04:02 PM »
should bring milkshakes because black people love milkshakes.

Offline Sweatyfingrs

« Reply #11 on: 05/02/12, 05:34 PM »
Well what truly keeps Blood DKs and Prot paladins completely unviable is how vulnerable they are to silences.  You drop a solar beam on a DK and he becomes as soft as Kate Upton's titties.  

And yeah hunter's are in just an awful spot right now.  But aside from node games, they're actually quite exceptional about breaking off and soloing a prot warrior.  Now obviously this isn't going to happen against any half decent team, but for all intents and purposes thats what my group does when we're forced to play with a hunter in the 2.2k bracket, and it's the exact shit that Abni does when he plays Arcane.

It's just the issue with hunters is that they fucking die.  That's all they're good for in team fights, being the first to get bent over.  They can 2 shot mages and stuff, but the second they're dotted up, their only defensive CD is completely useless. 

If people actually cared enough to gear up, I would gladly assist in running guild rBGs, I mean holy fuck, we HAVE EVERY PIECE OF HEROIC PVE GEAR AT OUR DISPOSAL, ITS NOT THAT HARD.  

Transitioning from PvE into anything PvP related, the next logical step is RBGs for anybody interested, Zebramints never pvp'd a day in his life, came into our 2400 group with Cremlin/Acrol and topped damage dropping like 9mil in a Gilneas.  (Without a cunning, sorry bro)

« Last Edit: 05/02/12, 06:00 PM by Sweatyfingrs »

Offline EtanMoonstar

« Reply #12 on: 05/02/12, 05:46 PM »
I'd certainly love to get in on some rBG action.
You want to burst them instead of having to stack DP via FoK with Ass!

Offline Dragonchicken

« Reply #13 on: 05/02/12, 06:19 PM »
Im not saying feral is the best, what im saying is lets do some, I know a few 2.2k rated druids.... so we arent half bad in feral just not the greatest and I also dont have to tank

Offline Sweatyfingrs

« Reply #14 on: 05/02/12, 08:09 PM »
I can assure you that those druids arent playing kitty dps in those games.  And if they are, tell them to queue up, I need free rating

I'm sorry to say, but it's just the state of the game.  There's very little room to play around with in terms of an rBG comp at a semi high rating.  If you played around there, you'd realize how absolutely gimped your spec is.  In the rare situations that me and Murathe brought up, those are literally some of the best players on US servers that can pull that spec off, and the rest of the group to synergize around that. 

Your best bet is to honestly spec Balance as it is the highest performing damage class in rated BGs right now who's scaling only skyrockets when supplimented with high end pve gear such as heroic cunning/rathrak.  It just sucks but other classes just cant withstand the nukefest that rBGs are right now.  Theres a reason i only play my fire mage/resto shaman anymore and refuse to touch my warrior/ret paladin
« Last Edit: 05/02/12, 08:21 PM by Sweatyfingrs »

Offline Solkanar

• 200 proof
« Reply #15 on: 05/02/12, 08:16 PM »
Who is the original poster of this thread?

Offline Altair

• Stone Told Steve Austin
  • Officer
« Reply #16 on: 05/02/12, 08:18 PM »
Never mind, apparently this is part of the site is public... yay...
« Last Edit: 05/02/12, 08:24 PM by Altair »
"I ain't talkin' about chicken n' gravy biatch." ~ Zonty, 2015

Offline Radzeal

• der Führer
  • Council
« Reply #17 on: 05/02/12, 09:04 PM »
it
's an hour before raid and i am already fucking hammered. leading my example; lets do this, bitches.

Offline Murathe

• Kobe Bryant
« Reply #18 on: 05/02/12, 09:06 PM »
Im not saying feral is the best, what im saying is lets do some, I know a few 2.2k rated druids.... so we arent half bad in feral just not the greatest and I also dont have to tank

You misunderstand. I wasn't saying you said Feral was the best, I'm just saying you really can't be Feral if you want to even have a shot at getting past 2k. It's the sad truth. You need exceptional players with exceptional gear across the board to make Feral even somewhat work as a substitute tank if you can't find a good Prot warrior.

Play Moonkin or pick a different class as far as rateds are concerned. There are few few exceptions to the rule, and even then it doesn't make them any less subpar that teams have to have a disadvantage before the gate even opens.

Offline Radzeal

• der Führer
  • Council
« Reply #19 on: 05/02/12, 09:28 PM »
shut up and log on, let's do 2s. feral/dk, CAN'T LOSE

Offline Dragonchicken

« Reply #20 on: 05/03/12, 12:14 AM »
meh I do play boomkin sometimes but feral is more fun, besides this page wasnt made to tell me why my class isnt good, but to get a team going =)

Offline Sweatyfingrs

« Reply #21 on: 05/03/12, 01:09 AM »
meh I do play boomkin sometimes but feral is more fun, besides this page wasnt made to tell me why my class isnt good, but to get a team going =)

That's what we're trying to tell you though.  There is people here wanting to run these, as we currently do not have a guild RBG going, but with a little bit of experience of how these games actually go down, I think theres enough people interested to run these. What we're trying to say is that there currently is no interest in having a feral when/if we do start holding guild rBGs, because face it, TWC is the last spec of talent left on this dried up server.  

I don't know who you are, or what kind of experience you hold and if you've ever even played at such ratings (which according to your armory, that answer is a no) but to assemble a group entirely of silver hand players without anybody cross server is just not going to happen right now.  The PvP on this server at any meaningful rating is just not there right now.  

If I might make a suggestion for you though, there's a great website that I used to use, I'm not sure how good it is anymore and if it's still popular in any way, but its called Battlemasters.org.  It's essentially an IRC chat in which people search for similarly rated people and put together cross realm rBGs.  Now, obviously with these sort of pugs there's going to be a lot of bad apples, but I met plenty of the people that I play with consistently at 2400-2500+ through the use of that website.  Work on your balance gear if you truly wish to play these at a high level, because although a lot of top players like to bash how meaningless rBGs are, they really can be fun at a competitive level with two equally matched teams.  

Cheers and good luck
« Last Edit: 05/03/12, 01:13 AM by Sweatyfingrs »

Offline Dragonchicken

« Reply #22 on: 05/03/12, 01:30 AM »
ty very much maybe ill get some more xp then we could get a silver hand group together tys