Rank 8
SILVER HAND
Rank 4630
U.S [EN]

Author Topic: I just wet my warlock.  (Read 1104 times)

Offline Criph

• ╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
  • Council
  • “But I never fall,” he said, falling.
I just wet my warlock.
« on: 11/09/11, 08:16 PM »
Some of today's Q&A highlights.  Finally some love for the best class.

[blizzard]While the new Warlock resources are still in-development, here's the current iteration: When you incinerate an immolated target, your character builds up Infernal Embers. Infernal Embers increase the power of your next single Conflagrate or Soul Fire by 10% each. That ability uses all of the embers you have. There may also be additional abilities which generate or consume Infernal Embers, but we're still experimenting. Here's a little bonus: as you generate more and more embers, your character slowly ignites, until you're basically a walking torch. Infernal Embers currently have no cap, but we'll likely add one before Mists ships.[/blizzard]

[blizzard]Malefic Grasp replaces Shadow Bolt for Affliction. It is a channelled nuke which increases the damage of your DoTs on the target by increasing their tick rate by 100%.[/blizzard]

[blizzard]Yes, we plan to eliminate Pet Twisting for Demonology. Step 1 - replace Soul Shards. Step 2 - fix Demon Soul. One popular idea has been to give each spec a different version of Demon Soul. However, we haven't finalized that idea. We'd love to see some discussion about this on the Warlock forums.[/blizzard]

[blizzard]We feel internally that Affliction is one of the best feeling specs in the game. While not planning any major changes, internally, we've implemented a system that allows you to refresh Corruption, UA or Bane of Agony up to 6 seconds before the DoT falls off without clipping any ticks.[/blizzard]

[blizzard]All Warlocks get Shadow Bolt at level 1. Then Shadow Bolt will transform around level 40 based on your spec. Affliction: Malefic Grasp, Demonology: (in Meta) Demonic Slash, Destruction: Incinerate.[/blizzard]

Offline Radzeal

• der Führer
  • Council
Re: I just wet my warlock.
« Reply #1 on: 11/09/11, 08:40 PM »
Affliction is so fun, and my biggest complaint with dot classes is the concept of clipping so that is a huge boon. Good shit.
Battletag: Radz#1808

Offline Zebramints

« Reply #2 on: 11/09/11, 09:09 PM »
I'm SUPER stoked for malific grasp, it's like the DL filler that people like, but makes aff more aff by buffing dots
Quote from: Shazzia
Think like this is a Medal of Honor given to warriors in the Vietnam War. How would you feel if a year later, these Medal of Honors is also given away to children for completing a 20-bit puzzle in pre-school?

Guy talking about getting Firelord post 4.3

<3 MMO-C

Offline Criph

• ╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
  • Council
« Reply #3 on: 11/09/11, 09:15 PM »
Absolutely.  Mind Flay is an awesome filler for Shadow and it makes the spec feel more fluid.  This seems like it'll offer the same sort of flow.

Offline Criph

• ╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
  • Council
« Reply #4 on: 11/10/11, 01:30 AM »
I missed this:

[blizzard]Soulburn has a 15 second cooldown, but each ability can only be soulburned once a minute. New Soulburn abilities such as Soulburn: Curse - your Curses apply to all targets within Y yards of the target, will be added.[/blizzard]

Still seems a little awkward, but much more flexible.

Offline Criph

• ╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
  • Council
« Reply #5 on: 11/10/11, 06:45 PM »
Dibs.

Offline Altair

• Stone Told Steve Austin
  • Officer
« Reply #6 on: 11/10/11, 06:50 PM »