Rank 32
SILVER HAND
Rank 7338
U.S [EN]

Author Topic: Nand  (Read 1600 times)

Offline nuitra

Nand
« on: 07/14/11, 08:57 PM »
I'll work on the characters tonight after the raids.  Can you pm me your email?  Or I can just post them here I guess, but I think emailing would be easier.

Offline Nandladin

Re: Nand
« Reply #1 on: 07/14/11, 09:01 PM »
pmfeller@gmail.com

<---- so excited

Offline Niliamann

• Spinning Sack of Potatoes
« Reply #2 on: 07/15/11, 02:55 AM »
FYI, Franco is looking to play this weekend.

He made a runepriest (leader) tonight.  Tim is still going to play his fighter, I think, but long story short we'll be at 5 as far as I know.

Also, Nuitra - it wasn't clear going through the builder real quick with someone else - it looked like all of the runepriest abilities had a protective rune and a destructive rune that could be applied.  Do they pick one for every ability each time they use it?  At the start of a battle?  Shift their rune as an action?  It's not a simple augment system; if it was, 3/4 of the at-will powers would be [W]+StrMod damage and that's it.  Most of the effects seemed baked into those runes.
« Last Edit: 07/15/11, 03:00 AM by Niliamann »

Offline Nandladin

« Reply #3 on: 07/15/11, 08:50 AM »
Okay Nil, that's fine. However, if anyone whips out a ds, etc during play, their character is going to spontaneously combust.

Offline Niliamann

« Reply #4 on: 07/15/11, 09:22 AM »
Yeah, I'll make that very understood

Offline nuitra

« Reply #5 on: 07/15/11, 09:29 AM »
Each time they use a power, they choose which rune portion to use.  They are then considered in that "rune state" which has some additional benefits.  The benefits of the rune state last until they change do a different rune state by using a power, or until the end of the encounter.

Rune or protection is while allies are adjacent to you, they gain resist 2 all damage (4@ll, 6@21).

Rune of destruction all allies get +1 bonus to attack rolls to attack any enemies adjacent to the runepriest or any other runepriests who are also in the protection state.

Offline Niliamann

« Reply #6 on: 07/15/11, 10:14 AM »
Damn, that's pretty badass.

Offline nuitra

« Reply #7 on: 07/15/11, 05:11 PM »
Let me know if he ends up liking the runepriest.  On the forums I visit, they are often considered a fun and flavorful class, but lacking in power compared to many other classes.

Offline Nandladin

« Reply #8 on: 07/20/11, 07:27 PM »
So they don't start off the battle in a rune state?

Offline nuitra

« Reply #9 on: 07/20/11, 09:12 PM »
So they don't start off the battle in a rune state?

Neither, their state is decided based on what rune effect they choose to apply in the first power they choose to use, and then by subsequent powers in the following rounds.

Offline Niliamann

« Reply #10 on: 07/20/11, 10:05 PM »
I'm just gonna tell him to swing at a bush outside before we go into a dungeon.